Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Run AdwCleaner

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:46 AM

I cannot open / run the new version of AdwCleaner.  It downloads as a prefetch file which does not respond to clicking or the run command.  Can someone please help to get it going and perhaps briefly explain to me what the significance of 'prefetch' is, whether or not it has anything to do with the program not running.  It was downloaded from the Bleeping Computer link.

Clayto3h

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:32 AM

Hello there,

Can you try downloading AdwCleaner from another browser?

Also, which AV/AM are you using?

Alex

#3 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

Please report that to your helper at current on going malware issue:Intrusive Malware

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#4 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

Thanks   -----    yes, I will try another browser.   Sorry, I dont know what AV/AM refer to, can yoy explain please?

clayto

#5 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

Please report that to your helper at current on going malware issue:Intrusive Malware

Yes, I have done so.

clayto

#6 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:55 AM

Sorry, it's my abbreviation for antivirus/antimalware.

I was not aware that you have a help thread ongoing - please report that to shelf life, he'll look into it.

I will ask a Moderator to close this topic.

Alex

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,055 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:52 AM

After posting a new topic (and logs) in the proper forum and getting assistance, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

The Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Good luck.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users