Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Link Aliases?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:45 AM

Very strange. Usually, if I have a long URL, I can go to Tinyurl.com and create a smaller one.  There are some URL's that have what appears to be 800 characters that are simply impossible to pass on to people without a shortening program.  Usually, this is never a problem but I came acorss a link that I can reduce to a tiny url and work with it for a day. The next day it doesn't work. The same code comes up in the address bar but it doesn't link; it doesn't even give an error message.

I used Netvidhunter to find this underlying code and noticed that every day it changes. So far a day it works then changes.  I have never seen anything like that but it explains why the link doesn't work on day 2.  I assume the parent site has created some kind of alias that changes daily and there's no reason to because this is a link the company uses to sell its products. You would think they would welcome more sales.

Obviously, that alias code that changes daily isn't the true code that is constant and I was wondering how I would find the underlying code if that is possible.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users