Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sports

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

Quote:
Mannings salary in 2015 is $19 million and he will carry a $21.5 million cap charge. Both those figures are $4 million more than Manning earned in 2014. The $19 million salary is tied for the highest among quarterbacks and his salary cap charges ranks third. But Manning is one of the greatest of all time and it is hard to justify asking him to take a pay cut.

What??! Next:

Quote:
Over the next two weeks the Broncos will likely push the narrative, both publicly and privately, that the key to the Patriots winning the Super Bowl was the flexibility they had with Bradys contract. Brady carried a $14.8M cap hit last year and will not exceed $16 million in the next three seasons. That already started this week when Elway mentioned how Mannings legacy would improve with another Super Bowl victory.

Last I knew, Manning had shared with his contract he would not want a dollar more than Brady???

Quote:
This likely sets the framework for Manning to be asked to take a $6 million-$7 million per-year cut such that his cap charges match Bradys. If he refuses, it probably paints him as the bad guy, making him look as if he would not put the team first as Brady did, if he is eventually released.

Quote:
If the Broncos are indeed pushing the issue on a contract modification, they need a decision to be made in the next 2- ½ weeks. On March 9, Mannings entire $19 million salary for the year becomes fully guaranteed. At that point the Broncos will lose their ability to release him and gain $16.5 million in cap room.

I am totally baffled with the concept of multi-million dollars being discussed for "one" player??
At this stage in the career of Manning, has he not earned enough money to simply elect to keep his one year contract, and give the entire "salary" to a football sports program as a donation??

Or to football brain concussion research?

Your thoughts??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:28 PM

Billionaires negotiating with mercenary multi-millionaires for services to play a game that the average American family of 4 cannot afford to attend in person. If the capitalist system we have in this country allows this to happen why should anyone accept less?

Wal-Mart makes billions in profit while paying their half a million associates a sub standard wage. Which in turn causes them to rely on the federal and local social assistance systems to the tune of 6+ billion dollars a year. Will Wal Mart be the good guy and make sure tax payers don't foot the bill for their obscene profit margins. Make sure that every associate makes a decent wage and has full benefits? Not likely. This is business. Just like the sports leagues say when they cut a player. It's just business. But when they need cap room it's about team loyalty. Seems like it only works one way.

The NFL is a Multi Billion Dollar generating tax free enterprise. Just like the NBA, MLB and NHL. Millionaires making billionaires even richer. Where are the good guys doing the right thing? Brady just has his guaranteed money waiting till after he retires. They all just have better money advisors and PR teams than us working folks can afford.

When the billionaires who own teams decide they can be the good guys for average Americans and reduce prices and end the insane costs of attending games for the common man. Maybe I'll care who makes more in a month than I'll make in a lifetime. And whether they are loyal to a team or to their wallets.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

Waah!  I want a new stadium!  I don't want to pay for it!  Don't the locals care about us?  We barely break even charging $50 a ticket and $20 parking!

Some Eurodweeb is trying to get the taxpayers to build him a soccer stadium in Miami (like he can't rent SunLife Stadium) but the county commission and state won't touch it.

Vote to stop public spending for stadiums.  Vote by not watching these sports on television.

#4 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:03 AM

What JWebb..no more sports on TV 😄😄😄

Now that might be the end of life for many!!

We are in the midst of surprise revelations by the Chargers:

Chargers and Raiders Join Forces with Carson Community Group to Support New Los Angeles NFL Stadium

Out of the blue this was announced!! Sure, for 14 years the Chargers have wanted a new pad to play in..at my tax dollars!! And as Animal shared, I can't afford a ticket in the high altitude section with binoculars!!! LOL

There is SO much money in some of these big name sports. However, how would one compare golf to NFL? I feel that the price of a ticket to watch an entire day of golf (The Northern Trust Open; Grounds ticket that includes Saturday admission provides a complimentary admission to the O.A.R. concert after tournament play on Saturday.
Weekly (WedSun $98) and Daily (Wed practice round $15, Thu $28, Fri $38, Sat $48, Sun $38) ticket offers available.)
Not bad IMO?
And, you get "free" exercise!!' LOL

#5 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:46 AM

Anyone watching Daytona 500 Sunday afternoon?

There is a lot of heated situations taking place!

Quote:
"I didn't hit you. Honey, I did not touch you," Hamlin said.

"Dude, you give me nothing!" Patrick said. "You give me nothing!"

The Honey and The Dude aren't alone. There will be more dustups. Plenty. Grab your popcorn, frosty beverage and restrictor plates as the season kicks off with the Daytona 500 Sunday afternoon.

Quote:
It would be nice if everyone went to Therapy 101 and had a kumbaya moment during the off-season, but that doesn't happen in stock-car racing.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/race-relations-are-testy-as-nascar-revs-up-for-daytona-500/ar-BBhPRpJ

Yippeeee! Who's go'n to take the official start! 😄

#6 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:36 AM

Nah.

Golf

#7 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:36 AM

Watching cars make left turns? I think I'll pass :whistle:  PGA? Golf is a good walk spoiled. - Mark Twain

I'll be watching the Oscars Sun night & hoping for another "Adele Dazeem" moment. :P 

#8 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

#9 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

In Daytona Beach Joey Logano has just mastered the art of making left turns for 500 miles at 200 mph.

#10 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

Imagine how many lives could be saved and/or improved if this money was put into scientific research and technical development instead...
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#11 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

Seat belts, airbags, crumple zones, frame improvements, radial tires.  Is there any improvement in the last 65 years that NASCAR hasn't developed?

#12 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:10 AM

In Daytona Beach Joey Logano has just mastered the art of making left turns for 500 miles at 200 mph.

LOL...well that's a wrap..can't help but chuckle about his "career" statement! (Ah..to be so young and...)

"I'm 24, which is cool because I've been through a lot in my career already and still have a long ways to go," he said. "The success that we're starting to see, it's been a lot of fun. I'm so happy and thankful that I went through the times of trying to figure this out, the tougher times worrying about if you're going to have a job or not. Worrying about winning a race and having a job are two different things. When you get to the point of worrying about winning races, that's where you want to be in your career."

Left turns are indeed hilarious  :bubbles: Then again..I'd  do my best and trying really hard to stay off the walls and not crash if I could make..a mere: $1,652,628 :hysterical:

Well..for me the big money and "sports Oscars" is amping up with the Seattle Marshawn Lynch report:

Seattle has put a new contract on the table of at least three years, worth $12 million in 2015 and $9 million in 2016. While he has been mulling retirement sources said this deal will be completed. Doug Hendrickson, Lynch's agent, said "no deal is done" in response to this report. The team is aware Lynch could ultimately retire after 2015 as well, sources said, and have made retaining the start runner a top priority.

:football: :idea: :grinner:

#13 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:19 AM

Hahn birdies No. 16 at Waste Management, celebrates Gangnam Style

Wheee..let's not forget our other "dancing" winner in 2014!! :crazy:

http://youtu.be/0C9x4tWmC6k

#14 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:58 AM

The Phoenix Open final round is the same day as the Super Bowl.  It is the rowdiest tournament on the PGA Tour.

The 16th hole is a par 3 completely surrounded by skyboxes and the patrons express their pleasure or displeasure freely.

wm-phoenix-open-16th.jpg

James Hahn's dance was from last year but he won today in a 3 person playoff.

#15 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

Blushing..you mean the players must hit the ball over this "stadium" to the 16th hole? I don't see hard hats on?

Self edit to add:

Wildcats are still #1..I simply can't watch basketball in person or on TV with the sound because it leaves me feeling like nails on a chilk board!

In any event...the game's streaming right now!!!

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/gamecast?gameId=400585852

I heard on NPR that the Wildcats have their own personal dorm which has been custom fitted with extra high ceilings, doors and sinks!

Reminds me to find that information!  Really cool for these extra tall chaps! :clapping:

Edited by softeyes, 23 February 2015 - 09:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users