Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 firstchild69

firstchild69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

I have an all in one Lenovo with Windows 8.1. I am having issues with the window updates. They will install, but they will not download. When computer goes to restart, I get the message "windows update could could not complete unstalling updates. I have tried to manually install them, and I got the same message and my computer never restarted on its own. It stayed on "restaring" page for 8hrs. I had to shut down improperly in order to get it to start up again. Any suggestions? I have ran virus scans, sfc \scannow, adwarcleaner, malwarbytes, combofix and nothing comes back with the issue. I even tried to do a refresh and it wont let me do that either. Help please! Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rg43

rg43

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

You may need to temporarily disable fire wall and or AV/MW when installing updates.

From command prompt (admin) run again, SFC /scannow, followed by

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

Then click "check for updates"

The easiest way to do that is to tap the Windows key, then type "update", you will see "check for updates"

Good Luck

#3 RootKit24

RootKit24

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

run cmd as a administrator. From there type in the following command net stop wuauserv. Then click file explorer, select the root of your drive (most times its the C: Drive). From there click the windows folder. Select the softwaredistribution folder and delete the entire folder. Once that is done, go back and run cmd as a administrator and type in the following command. net start wuauserv. Redownload the windows updates that need to be downloaded and installed and restart the computer. If this solution does not work for you, I have other solutions. Feel free to reply and ask questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users