Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion 500-017C A8-5500 & Radeon HD 7560D. Install Nvidia Geforce 21?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FightinIRISH513

FightinIRISH513

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

Hey guys this is actually my first post here! So nice to meet everyone and I hope I don't embarrass myself with stupid questions. I would appreciate any advice to help me make a decision work the following. I purchased my HP Pavillion 500 - 017 C about 6 months ago. It came out of the box with Windows 8.1,an AMD A8-5500 with a integrated AMD Radeon HD 7560D GPU. I've just recently started to throw a little money into this thing and I've been extremely happy with the performance gains so far. Whoops anyways it also came with a 1TB WD Green Drive and 8GB of DDR3 Ram. I've upgraded the RAM to 20GB and I just installed a Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD a couple nights ago so I'm using the SSD along with the 1TB WD. I used the Samsung Data Migration and Magician software to clone the OS drive. Anyways I love to game but have never picked the keyboard and mouse up to do so. It seems I was just always more than content having multiple consoles and never wanted to spend the money on a PC that was powerful enough. (Btw FightinIRISH513 is my Xbox Live ID. I'm on Xbox One daily.) I am really surprised by how fast this computer performs after I installed the RAM but mainly after installation of the SSD. It's awesome to hit the power button and Windows is booted in about 3 seconds. Ok so finally to my questions...... I obviously want to make my next step getting a very good graphics card. The thing is my brother had a brand new, in the box Nvidia GeForce 210 DDR3 Low Profile card with 1024MB of memory. Yes I know it by today's standards is a bleepty card but it's free till I can get what I need. My question? Wounds it be worth it to install and use the Nvidia graphics card instead of the integrated GPU until I can spare the money for the real deal. The one thing that is really tempting is having HDMI out. Oddly enough my HP came with all the bells and whistles but no HDMI out and I use my 47 inch led as a display so I'm using a Belkin DVI to HDMI connection. It has optical out but no use for that in this room except for my Turtle Beaches. I was also wondering can you somehow run them together or will the Nvidia just take over for all graphics processing? And if the two won't work together will they coexist? Of course this is all assuming that the Nvidia GeForce 210 ddr3 is inferior to the integrated Radeon HD 7560 d. So simply put is the integrated Radeon HD 7560D GPS superior to this brand new Nvidia Geforce 210 DDR3 with 1024MB of memory? Is there anyway to utilize both the Radeon and the Nvidia together and if not can I have both installed and choose between the 2 for different tasks. Thanks for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FightinIRISH513

FightinIRISH513
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

Bumpity Bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users