Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disconnecting from online games...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 StellaQ

StellaQ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

I'm only having this issue with Rome 2 and Attila Total War. I can join multiplayer battles and move my guys around fine with little lag, but as soon as the actual fighting starts I get an error message saying I have disconnected from the game and I get kicked back to the menu.

Now I know what you're thinking, and I've been asking about this on the Total War forums and Steam forums for a month now and have searched meticulously for other people having the same problem. Most of the replies I get say that it must be on my end somehow, and since I can't find anyone having the same issues I'm inclined to agree with them.

Thing is, my internet works great. 110 mb d/l and 20 mb u/l, which is reflected in speed tests. Latency tests are always good, no packet loss, no jitter. I've got the ethernet cable from outside wired directly to my computer and have never had it go out, even for a second. I've had absolutely zero connection issues in any other online games that I play. I'm thinking it has to have something to do with total war multiplayer games not having dedicated servers. One player has to host the game, but I have the same issue whether I'm hosting or joining someone else's.

Other responses I get say that it might be a port forwarding issue, but I don't even own a router. However if I trace the ethernet cable outside it's hooked into some kind of Cisco box attached to the outside of my apartment so I'm thinking that may be a NAT router (sorry, I don't know much about these things)? Either way, if it is I can't log in to it to look at or change any of the port settings.

I have the same issues with all firewalls and virus protection stuff turned off.

Windows 8 64-bit

i7-4790k 4 Ghz

8 MB ram

GeForce GTX 970

All drivers are up to date.

Anyone have any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users