Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove Icons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Willie.T

Willie.T

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

How to remove arrows from my desktop icons, in windows 8.1. Thanks for your help. Willie T.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:14 PM

Hi Willie. T :)

I guess you're asking us how to remove the "arrow" symbol from icons that are shortcut to other programs. Unfortunately, this isn't possible to do under Windows natively, since they are shortcuts so it's built-in, it's made that way. However, there's a program from Windows Club that works under Windows 7 but you need the latest version of it for Windows 8 (no idea if Windows 8.1 is supported or not). Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2602214/how-to-remove-the-windows-shortcut-arrow-from-desktop-icons.html

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:38 PM

There are ways to do it HERE as well. And HERE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users