Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Harddisk detects in bios, but not booting

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 anonymouss

anonymouss

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

Suddenly my hardisk doesnot booting.but detects in bios.I had two hardisk 1.sata 2.Ide hd. Suddenly system restarted after that ide hardisk not booting.even i tried to install windows xp also.it shows black screen.even if i connected 2 hardsik at a time by booting with sata ,but system not starting.if i unpluged ide hardisk then sata hardisk works.i dont know how to fix this.is it mbr corrupted or anyother problem.Why it is not booting.i tried hirens bootc 10 version bootable, by using this i checked scandisk its completed even i can see directories by using command prompt.But using mbr tools if i select any one of the tool, it just hangs.Please help me to fix this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 anonymouss

anonymouss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:42 AM

waiting for reply,experts pls help

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

Well...if the hard drive is detected in the BIOS and Windows doesn't boot...first thing I would do is run a diagnostic on the hard drive reflecting Windows, after disconnecting all other hard drives.  I would satisfy myself that the hard drive functional before I started coming up with any other plans.

You can follow the procedure provided to check the functional status of the hard drive reflecting Windows.  Run the long diagnostic and do NOT attempt any repairs, if such are made available.

Guide, SeaTools For DOS - http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOSguide.pdf

SeaTools for DOS Download - http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 24 February 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#4 anonymouss

anonymouss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

k i will check it and  run long test and i l update soon, is it possible to boot seatool from usb

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

I don't know, never tried.  You don't have an operable optical disk drive?

Louis

#6 anonymouss

anonymouss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:49 PM

k i will run long diagnositc ,then how will i update scan report.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:44 AM

Just post whether the diagnostic result is "Pass" or "Fail".

Louis

#8 anonymouss

anonymouss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

Test is pass. I think MBR is corrupted , how to fix MBR or partition or boot sector

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#10 anonymouss

anonymouss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:16 AM

iam using desktop system.can u tell me how to fix mbr.if i place tat hardisk its not booting.so i use hirens cd and i can see 2 partitons .so everything is fine.i tried recovery console but dont know how to fix it,may be mbr or partition or bootng problem.so how to fix it in windows recovery console

when i scan with mbr check using hirens it found unknow mbr code

#11 anonymouss

anonymouss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

I backup my data's and formatted, now trying win7 it shows windows cannot be installed to this disk. this computers hardware may not support booting to this disk ensure that the disks c.how to solve it

#12 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

Not sure if its the CD installer is your problem here but, can you post the motherboard or computer model next time please?

Tekken

#13 anonymouss

anonymouss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

Intel 945,I found an error in hardisk sentinel is there are 20 badsectors on the disk surface.thcontcontents of these sectors were moved to this spare area.the hardisk is operating in pio mode which reduces performance.its recommended to check and replace data cable or modify the configuration. What should I do now

#14 anonymouss

anonymouss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

BT I scanned surface test with mini partition tool everything Is fine

#15 Victoria-Joe

Victoria-Joe

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:39 AM

To get solve this issue, just boot to your windows disc. Then you will see the option to enter the command prompt. At that time, just try a simple fix to MBR within command prompt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users