Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to tell which email addressee failed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

I just sent an email to three people. I got a "Delivery Status Notification" reply seeming to indicate that there was some problem delivering the message to at least one of the addressees.

The message body on includes one cryptic line:

[Return Code 550] sid: ueoa1p0083zXDDo01 :: 5.7.1 more information. k4si1155354icv.100 - gsmtp

Then there is an attachment, filename="ATT00015.eml", which appears to be the body of the original email but with the HTML exposed.

Is there any way I can tell which of the three addressees didn't get the message?

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

It appears one of the recipients is forwarding their mail on to a Gmail account, and Google is rejecting it, based on the 550 5.7.1 error message and the referral to gsmtp. Find out who is forwaring their email to Google, and that's the person who didn't receive the email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users