Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Simple portfolio tracking software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

Can anyone recommend a simple, cheap program for keeping track of my stock portfolio?

All I need is a place to record purchases and sales and have it keep track of the basis for tax purposes. For that, I suppose it also needs me to record stock splits.

I've checked around, but they are all much more sophisticated.

Thanks

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:26 PM

Without knowing the sort of business you are in it is difficult to be very precise.

If you are in the sort of business with low volumes and high values - say up to a dozen or so sales per day - then a simple Excel or Libre Office spread sheet should be adequate and not overly laborious to keep up to date. If however you are selling hundreds or thousands of items per day then I think you would need an automated system which is going to be more expensive.

If you are using some sort of dedicated accounts package - Sage for example - can this not be included in that ?

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users