Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Guild Wars 2] Who plays this fantastic game?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

Hey everyone :)

I was just wondering if there was any fans of the "Guild Wars" PC game series here? For one, I've been a big lover of the game since the first one, Guild Wars: Prophecies and I intend to buy Guild Wars 2: Heart of the Thorns as soon as it comes out. I'm currently working on a legendary, Twilight, for my Charr Warrior. I'll post my details once I get home, like my character and their level.

Is there anyone else who plays this game?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 flacstar

flacstar

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

I play it from time to time, but until my monitor issue is all fixed up I sadly am stuck with WoW hah.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

What server do you plan on? Which characters do you have? What are you working on in the game right now? :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 flacstar

flacstar

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

Can't remember and can't check because of my monitor issues sadly. I didn't get to terribly far into it because it was rather boring without a guild or friends to play with. Luckly no subscription fees though!

#5 NotAnElf

NotAnElf

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

Used to play. Like you I am a GW1 veteran, and GW2 showed so much promise. I played for a few months, completed the story with a couple of characters and found the endgame to be non-existent.

I just play GW1 from time to time now, but GW2 is a visually stunning game and I'm super glad I played it when I did 

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:42 PM

There's so much end-game content. Just getting a Legendary or Ascended gear can take hours :P Are you going to comeback with GW2:HoT?

unite_blue.png

#7 NotAnElf

NotAnElf

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

There's so much end-game content. Just getting a Legendary or Ascended gear can take hours :P Are you going to comeback with GW2:HoT?

Massive grind for a new skin  :blink:

I've been thinking about it, keeping up with announcements and such. I may do just because I love the lore of Tyria and I'd like to revisit all that but I am really undecided at this point.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

Well, Legendaries and Ascended are better than Exotics so you don't do it just for the skin :P

unite_blue.png

#9 jerabina

jerabina

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

Good evening everyone!

I have Guild Wars 2 but I don't play it because I don't have someone with whom I can play.

I'm from Czech Republic and maybe if will come new expansion, our czech community will be active again and I will start play maybe.

With regards, Jerabina :)

Edited by jerabina, 15 March 2015 - 02:56 PM.

#10 FrostyTSM

FrostyTSM

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

I've got GW2 but never really played it cause i dont really have anyone to play it with either.

Wouldnt mind jumping on vent, teamspeak or skype with some people and playing.

FYI: im not that great at it nor am i far into the game

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

What about your main chars guys, how far are they in the game? :)

unite_blue.png

#12 FrostyTSM

FrostyTSM

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

id have to look into it but from memory my only character is a Charr Thief around lvl20 i think

#13 jerabina

jerabina

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:25 AM

My char is level 10 I think. So I wrote that I dont have a friends with whom I can play :(

Edited by jerabina, 19 March 2015 - 02:25 AM.

#14 Sundog9

Sundog9

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

I was introduced to online gaming in 2007 when some friends & my significant other started playing World of Warcraft. I got attached pretty fast and played that off & on (as time allowed) until this last expansion. WOD finally cured me, lol with it's lack/removal of flying and new game direction that I just do not enjoy.

I had Beta tested GW2 and pre-ordered it. I played that off & on as well. Now that I have uninstalled WOW, I have been playing GW2 more, and I really do enjoy it. I plan to add Heart of Thorns when it releases. The world is beautiful. I am not a fan of the green outlines on characters & npcs, but I imagine I will notice it less as I play more often.

Someone suggested FFXIV ARR as a free trial. I hear good & bad things about it, but I may try that as well.

Gaming is just a hobby for me, as I do not have a ton of time to play, but I do enjoy it!

#15 keronkkumar

keronkkumar

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

i played 1 but i have a sad and messed up story about it and i just kill my gaming . i can't even look at the game . much less play it :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users