Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Increasing size of thumbnail pictures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Somehow, my Facebook photo is a thumbnail. I would like to expand it to larger size but don't know how. I'm not sure if the code will come through as a picture below but I had submitted it.

. member_9696647.jpeg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

Your picture is completely surrounded by a very large white frame. that's why it is appearing as a thumbnail. If you have the original photo, you might want to have another try at cropping or resizing, this time without the frame. If try to just enlarge this pic, even after cropping the white frame away, you will loose a lot of resolution, or clarity. Hopefully you have the original to work with.

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

#3 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

Interesting. I didn't know that because I don't see the frame. Obviously, there's something basic here I don't understand.  i will go back to the original and review it. Thanks.

#4 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:45 PM

Hi Godzilla. Here is your image cropped. 

godilla_avi.jpg

you could probably save this to your computer and then upload it as your profile picture on FB, but if the resolution is not high enough, it would be better to start with the original image and make sure it is cropped to remove any white space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users