Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 lscotthart

lscotthart

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

I was playing Crusader Kings 2 in one monitor and watching Netflix in the other, when I received the blue screen with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.  I did some searching online, and want to figure out what happened.  Can anyone help?

Attached File  Speccy Snapshot.png   19.06KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Result.txt   19.46KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

Hi lscotthart :)

Usually, this BSOD is associated with a badly overclocked hardware component, such as the CPU, GPU or RAM. Do you have any of these overclocked? Also, I would like to see your BSOD minidumps.

Inxv2xa.pngBSOD Minidumps
Follow the instructions below to get and upload your BSOD minidumps so I can analyze them:
  • Create a new folder on your Desktop called dumps;
  • Go in your C:\windows\minidump folder, copy every files inside then paste them in your dumps folder;
  • Right-click on the dumps folder, select Send to then Compressed (zipped) folder;
  • Attach the compressed folder (archive) to your next reply and post it;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Faryuk

Faryuk

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:55 AM

Thanks

Attached Files

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,201 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:25 AM

Faryuk, are you lscotthart? If not, you'll have to open your own thread describing your own issue in order to get assistance for it.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 lscotthart

lscotthart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

Aura,

Thank you for your response, to answer your questions about overclocking.  I do not overclock anything on my machine.

The only the only thing of interest that I have done, is recently upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8.1 and I had to download a bunch of drivers after the install.

lscotthart

Attached Files

#6 Faryuk

Faryuk

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:29 PM

Faryuk, are you lscotthart? If not, you'll have to open your own thread describing your own issue in order to get assistance for it.

Hi no I am Faryuk a new member.

#7 Faryuk

Faryuk

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

Hi no I am Faryuk a new member.

my laptop is Lenovo and when I work with the screen comes blue and show me this massage: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT or other one WHAE_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I posted the file. could you please me please? 

Many Thanks

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,201 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

Faryuk, please start your own thread with your description of the issue and the minidumps, do not hijack this one thank you. lscotthart, with only one BSOD it's hard to see what could had caused it. BSOD can happens once in a while when exceptional conditions are met. Because you just received one, I wouldn't worry about it yet. However, if you start getting BSODs frequently, and all of the same type, then there might be an issue that requires attention. My advice for now is to let it go and report back if you get at least two other BSODs of the same type in close interval.

unite_blue.png

#9 lscotthart

lscotthart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

Thanks Aura!  I appreciate the support!

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,201 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

No problem lscotthart, keep me updated if it happens again! :wink:

unite_blue.png

#11 Faryuk

Faryuk

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

Aura, I am new one Sorry for this. do you need the zip file again? 

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,201 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

Yes, attach it in your new thread since I probably won't be the only one assisting in it.

unite_blue.png

#13 darinlacrone

darinlacrone

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

I'm new here to the bleepingcomputer and have the same issue as others here I guess. Am running Windows 8 and keep getting the dreaded blue screen that says Clock_Watchdog_Timeout and I have to reboot. Notice it happening when I'm running Photoshop and trying to render out larger files that take awhile. I downloaded the Speccy and did the snapshot

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/6vMawqbvWIiwBFDiIcAu8hW

Can anyone give me some guidance on this fix. Holding up a project I have to finish today but keep crashing!!

Thansk, Darin

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,201 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

Hi darinlacrone :)

I'll ask you to create a new thread and post your issue to not hijack this one, nor bring it back to the top since this issue seems to be solved.

Thank you!

unite_blue.png

#15 darinlacrone

darinlacrone

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

OK Sorry. New here. Didn;t mean to step into someone elses thread. Will create a new one. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users