Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unexpected loss of files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richardboe

richardboe

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

When moving some files in Desktop, they seem to disappear. I am moving them across other files with left mouse button held down.  How can I find and recover these "lost" files?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:43 PM

Hi richardboe :)

Can you explain me exactly how you move these files? Do you move them INSIDE the Desktop folder or directly ON the Desktop? Also, where do you move them from? Which folder? What's the location of this folder? Do you have multiple hard drives in that computer?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 richardboe

richardboe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for the reply Aura, but I accidently found where the file went last night.   As I moved the file across the desktop it got sucked into folder I was crossing.  Now I know its safer to cut & pasted rather then move them manually!

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

Indeed it is richard :) And glad that you found your files!

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users