Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am dumb, please help me

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 O8753

O8753

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

Hi! Ok, so I have an HP ENVY SmartTouch Notebook... thing: Windows 8.1. It's relatively new, got it last summer, and it has worked fine. I restarted it and suddenly "there is no connection to be found" or some crap, which is bs because all of the other devices in the house are connected and working.
(I've had to resort to using my mom's KindleFire, and what a little abomination, jeez)

I tried googling for some assistance, but found nothing that resolved the problem. I made a huge mistake trying to fix it, telling it to boot up in some alternate way (what kinda way I don't really remember heh), and now I'm not even able to log into my account, it doesn't do anything when I type in my password. I tried going into the guest account, which doesn't require a password, but it takes forever to load and says "Windows couldn't connect to the Sens service. Please consult your system administrator"
What the hell is Sens service?
I /am/ the administrator, what do you want me to do about it?
I'm assuming it's the stupid mistake I made, but... it's not like I can do anything on the login screen?

I'm an idiot. Bested by technology once again!
I'd appreciate any help with this, thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

SENS - System Event Notification Service.

#3 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

Use System Restore to restore your Operating System back to a time and date when it was working.

How to Perform an HP System Recovery

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443342

• If the computer will not boot into Windows, turn on the computer and immediately press the esc key to display the Startup Menu, and then press the F11 key.
     note:
    If you have an HP image on your computer, you can press f11 to display the HP Backup and Recovery Manager, even if the prompt does not appear during startup.

Perform the following steps for a standard recovery.
  1. When Recovery Manager starts, click the Next button.
  2. You first have the option to use Microsoft System Restore to attempt to revert your computer to a previous, stored point in time. Microsoft System Restore is a tool that creates restore points and saves them to the hard drive, every time you make a change to the software on your system. You may lose some data by using this option**, but it's better than returning your system to its original factory image.
    Select Yes to attempt to revert your computer to a previous restore point, and then click Next.
** not in my experience. I've never lost user files when I've used System Restore The above is copied from the HP support website.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

Use System Restore to restore your Operating System back to a time and date when it was working.

How to Perform an HP System Recovery

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443342

• If the computer will not boot into Windows, turn on the computer and immediately press the esc key to display the Startup Menu, and then press the F11 key.
     note:
    If you have an HP image on your computer, you can press f11 to display the HP Backup and Recovery Manager, even if the prompt does not appear during startup.

Perform the following steps for a standard recovery.
  1. When Recovery Manager starts, click the Next button.
  2. You first have the option to use Microsoft System Restore to attempt to revert your computer to a previous, stored point in time. Microsoft System Restore is a tool that creates restore points and saves them to the hard drive, every time you make a change to the software on your system. You may lose some data by using this option**, but it's better than returning your system to its original factory image.
    Select Yes to attempt to revert your computer to a previous restore point, and then click Next.
** not in my experience. I've never lost user files when I've used System Restore The above is copied from the HP support website.

Can he use system restore if he can't even log into the computer?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

Yes it is one of the options available when HP recovery options are invoked (by pressing esc and then F11 on boot)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users