Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 SP1 (Home Premium 64 BIT) Not Starting - 0xc000000d error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mur007

mur007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

I turned on my Dell XPS L702X this morning and Windows would not load. I get an error message in Windows Boot Manager ( 0xc000000d ) asking me for the Windows installation disc which I no longer have.

I have searched for solutions online and it seems that installation files can be downloaded onto a USB drive - but it seems that this is only for Windows 8, not Windows 7.

I cannot access Safe Mode.

I did not add or modify anything on the laptop in recent days / weeks. The battery was running low and I did not shut down the laptop - but I have done this many times before without causing an error like this.

Can someone help with this please?

I have downloaded an installation file for Windows 8.1 but I suspect that this will not work as my PC is Win 7. As well as that, the product key for Windows on the underside of my laptop is no longer readable.

Is there any way I could pay for an upgrade to Windows 8 and install that without losing data?

Thanks a lot - I really do appreciate any help on this!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users