Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Undervoltage Warnings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:04 AM

I didn't expect this to happen, and I'm not sure how worried I should be, even though I'm slightly freaking out.
I recently bought a Corsair 750 CXM and until now have had no issues. My 3.3 rail voltage keeps dropping below 3, and I get a warning every time it goes below 2.97 and its fluctuating between 2.9 and 2.954 when it I do get the warnings.

I'm using Win 7, 
CPU is AMD FX6300
RAM is 8gb 1600 KVR

Now it just went back up to 3.1

I've got a 120gb SSD a 320GB HDD and a 500GB HDD, and an HP ODD

My other voltages look fine, 5V is at 4.992 12V at 11.994, VDDA (assuming thats 2.5) is at 2.52, Vcore at .852
Now my 3.3 is steady at 3.12

i hope its not a big issue...if it is i'll had to try to find the receipt from best buy or i'll have to register the product with corsair and have it returned or something..

Edit: Big issue evidently. just crashed twice, giving no reason or blue screen. rushing to type this before it crashes again. hopefully i can find the receipt for a cash refund.

this sucksss

I also noticed my cpu coltage is jumping upwards of 1.4 when i've never seen it go over 1.0, being as it usually hangs below 1... i dont know whats going on

Edited by Jayson201, 19 February 2015 - 04:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

You should rma or return that psu. The voltages should stay within 5% of the specified target 3.135 is the lowest you would accept. Very likely your problems are tied to that low voltage.

+3.3VDC ± 5% +3.135 VDC +3.465 VDC

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/insidethepc/a/power-supply-voltage-tolerance.htm

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

yeah i returned it today, then they had nothing good in stock so i took the money and ordered an EVGA Supernova 750 G2. 
my old PSU is bringing me up at 3.147 on hwmonitor and 3.264 on AISuite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users