Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new pc, need help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shinela

Shinela

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

RESOLVED WITH HELP OF A FRIEND
(Solution in the bottom for other non-advanced people running this problem)

First of, please don't be too advanced, I'm not very good at how a computer works soft-hardware speaking. I just work with it a lot and know specific programs very well.
Try to explain things well because I don't even know what, for example, "VGA" stands for. Anyway

I recently got a new PC built specifically for gaming. It worked, so everything started up. However, this brand new pc had worse performances than my 3-year old laptop (what I'm using now to post here).
Now to compare, my new PC had 12 FPS in WoW with all details on their lowest point. In comparison, my laptop (I put my pc on the same resolution as my laptop) had 68 fps on the exact same spot with better details.

Now I knew that wasn't right so I started looking about and eventually got to the idea that the drivers were useless on my new pc. So I wanted to swap them around.. However... I needed to uninstall my old drivers first. And as you may have guessed by now, there's no input whatsoever towards my monitor any more. All blank. I tried rebooting it (as millions of sites said whilst trying to find the research from people running into the same problem before) but it doesn't help whatsoever. The pc itself starts up fine still, though.

Can any one help me on how I can get my new visual driver installed at least so I can see things on my monitor one more? The starting scene doesn't even show up.

Thanks in advance, remember, I don't know much about pc's so don't be too advanced on me

yours truly,
Shinela

Solution found:
Change the socket of your monitor (possibly with help of an adapter: pic). I got my screen back then. The rest was all some very slow re-installation and happy feelings for me.
This was way easier than I made it be. Bleih :P

Edited by hamluis, 19 February 2015 - 07:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:06 PM

Please post system specs it helps the folks with ideas.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Shinela

Shinela
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

Solution has been found. Thanks anyway, OldPhil ^.^

Edited by Shinela, 18 February 2015 - 09:33 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users