Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer games slow randomly?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chargin

Chargin

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

Please excuse me if I post this in the wrong section but,

Whenever I play games (example - Counter-Strike Global Offensive) The game has random lag -. After bootup of the computer the games seem to run fine, but after it idles (with some programs running) for about 30 minutes or so, games lag (at a fixed framerate?) even though my graphics card is capable of running the game at much higher speeds. This is not a very perfect explanation of it, but I think it was the problem with my motherboard or something.

System specs:

Operating System : Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Processor : Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU    Q8200  @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST

RAM : 8.00 GB
Motherboard
0601 - Model : DQ45CB
0602 - Manufacturer : Intel Corporation

Thanks,

Chargin

EDIT - The BIOS is very slow loading too.

Edited by Chargin, 18 February 2015 - 08:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

Memory?

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Chargin

Chargin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

Memory?

8.00 GB

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

[just a guess]

That if you reboot and start playing all will be well. The break, with programs running, sounds like they are getting priority and when the game returns it has to make do with what's available.

Dick E

#5 Chargin

Chargin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

[just a guess]

That if you reboot and start playing all will be well. The break, with programs running, sounds like they are getting priority and when the game returns it has to make do with what's available.

Alright. I will try and set the other programs priority to Low and see if that works out.

EDIT -  I'm going to set the game's priority to high instead.

Thanks

Edited by Chargin, 18 February 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#6 Chargin

Chargin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:43 AM

For some reason, it's still slow.  Anyone got any other suggestions?

#7 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

Maybe your games are set to have VSync on. VSync causes me problems where i'll get some lag. try setting that to off.

The core 2 quad doesnt give you much room to work with being 2.3ghz but i could be wrong, Intel is usually faster at the same speed as a "matching" amd chip, or so they say. but I've got a 6 core processor at 3.5ghz and running a game will fill it up 50-80 percent so even with the extra speed, if i so much as run a virus scan i can have moments of lag.
Maybe your antivirus is a resource hog?

#8 Chargin

Chargin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

Maybe your games are set to have VSync on. VSync causes me problems where i'll get some lag. try setting that to off.

The core 2 quad doesnt give you much room to work with being 2.3ghz but i could be wrong, Intel is usually faster at the same speed as a "matching" amd chip, or so they say. but I've got a 6 core processor at 3.5ghz and running a game will fill it up 50-80 percent so even with the extra speed, if i so much as run a virus scan i can have moments of lag.
Maybe your antivirus is a resource hog?

VSync is off for every game, and I sometimes turn off Malwarebytes, which gives me a bit more speed. I recently figured out the problem that it was my old crappy motherboard.

#9 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

Identifying the problem is over half way to solving it.

Dick E

#10 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:06 PM

if you believe the problem to be the motherboard, then theres ONE course of action.
Although I still think the processor is a possible issue

Is this a custom build, or was this system already built for you? I dont recognize the motherboard

Edited by Jayson201, 21 February 2015 - 09:10 PM.

#11 Chargin

Chargin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

Is this a custom build, or was this system already built for you? I dont recognize the motherboard

This was a pre-built computer. I don't remember what company built the PC, but I built on to the PC. The only things I replaced was the graphics card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users