Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC to TV display settings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mikari

mikari

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

I'm trying to use my TV as a monitor. These are pictures of the TV, PC and cable: http://mikaristar.deviantart.com/art/Technological-Chaos-514899498 all ideas are appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

DVI to HDMI adapter for the PC and then an HDMI cable to the TV?  I'm guessing that that grey adapter is a DVI to VGA adapter.

#3 mikari

mikari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

I don't have HDMI on the TV.

Is it possible to get a program that replaces the converter?

Adapters and NVIDIA pics:

http://mikaristar.deviantart.com/art/Technological-Chaos-2-515089931

TV Manual:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vSupportHowToGuideDetail?storeId=15001&idval=UCM_STG_CNT_043742&catname=VIERA%26%23174%3B+Plasma+HDTVs&title=How+to+Connect+a+PC+to+the+TV&cm_sp=TC-P54V10-Support+HowToGuide-_-Middle-_-How+to+Connect+a+PC+to+the+TV

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

You must have an hdmi connector somewhere on the TV because I see where it says HDMI audio connector.  Use a flashlight the connector is small and flat.  Sometimes on the side of the TV instead of the back.

The manual shows that you need a DVI to HDMI adapter Keep in mind this will not carry sound with it over HDMI so you would need that other adapter for audio showin in THIS PIC

You need a DVI to HDMI adapter AND a audio adapter as shown.

There is no software solution.

FYI Kilroy stated the same thing I was just giving more info.

Edited by YeahBleeping, 19 February 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#5 mikari

mikari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

The side has an extra yellow red white but I can't find anything like hdmi, plus I'd need a new cable anyway. Though if an hdmi did exist I'd still like to know where they hid it.Is there anything else I can try with what I have? I heard that plugging the red green blue into the yellow red white might work, but I don't know about where to put each color. This is the back of the TV http://mikaristar.deviantart.com/art/Tv-Model-515165143

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

The HDMI connections are located near the Antenna / power plug See page 9 of THIS IS YOUR MANUAL RIGHT?

Your best bet is to get an DVI to HDMI adapter and the audio adapter as shown in the manual I linked above.  Ahh I see it does not take you to the image I wanted you to see.  If you click on this link and choose Englsih/Spanish and then choose DVI you will see the connectors required.

#7 mikari

mikari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

Found the elusive hdmis! Dad had put black plastic tape over them back when he gave me the TV because he didn't know what they were and didn't want them collecting dust, so they were completely invisible. Not that it solves much because I don't have that cable. I'll have to try again after a trip to the store.

#8 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

Get the cable from Monoprice and save yourself a ton of money.  Normally I receive my orders within a week, usually only a few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users