Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Features I Miss In Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

First of all I really love the Windows 8.1 experience. Opening up my computer straight to the desktop sure beats having to go through the Metro screen first. But... I really miss the Godmode {ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}. I loved how the Godmode worked in Windows 8, but it just does not seem to work at all in Windows 8.1. Also, the Windows Experience Index, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-windows-experience-index#What-is-windows-experience-index=windows-8. I really liked this feature, I see that there is a way to access this feature in Windows 8.1, (http://www.cnet.com/how-to/find-your-windows-experience-index-scores-in-windows-8-1/) but I just can not seem to get that to work for me. These are a couple of features that I really miss.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

What features from the Godmode are missing between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1? Also, the Windows Experience Index has been removed since Windows 7 and it's a good thing if you ask me, now it's always refreshing when it needs to and Windows doesn't depend on it for some graphical features like Aero. Way easier to troubleshoot graphic issues now with that.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 shanepearce

shanepearce

• Banned
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

to get you score
"C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{ED228FDF-9EA8-4870-83b1-96b02CFE0D52}"
this is your base score only
god mode
create a new folder on desktop and name it "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" or paste in address bar of explorer

The Windows Experience Index base score typically ranges from 1.0 to 7.9. However, if your PC has a 64-bit processor and 4 GB or less random access memory (RAM), then the Memory (RAM) subscore for your PC will have a maximum of 5.9. This means that the overall base score will also be limited to 5.9.

my new computer has a score of 8.1

Edited by shanepearce, 18 February 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

What features from the Godmode are missing between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1? Also, the Windows Experience Index has been removed since Windows 7 and it's a good thing if you ask me, now it's always refreshing when it needs to and Windows doesn't depend on it for some graphical features like Aero. Way easier to troubleshoot graphic issues now with that.

Its not the individual features that I miss, I still have them all. I just liked the way they were all grouped together in one place in the Godmode file.

to get you score
"C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{ED228FDF-9EA8-4870-83b1-96b02CFE0D52}"
this is your base score only
god mode
create a new folder on desktop and name it "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" or paste in address bar of explorer

The Windows Experience Index base score typically ranges from 1.0 to 7.9. However, if your PC has a 64-bit processor and 4 GB or less random access memory (RAM), then the Memory (RAM) subscore for your PC will have a maximum of 5.9. This means that the overall base score will also be limited to 5.9.

my new computer has a score of 8.1

I have been unable to do that with 8.1, but I will try again.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:49 PM

Well these are really, really small details. How were they organized before? You can change the "View" of the Godmode folder, did you try yet?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users