Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am a computer technician interested in the Malware Traning program

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 greatman05

greatman05

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

Hello. I currently work as a computer technician for a large company. This company unfortunately doesn't have the resources to do a complete wipe and swap whenever we get malware\spyware on our computers, and the company would be unwilling to buy specialized malware/spyware removal tools. The company also only has me and three other people as the offical IT department for the entire organization. We already run Kaspersky as our main antivirus suite, but it is frustrating trying to fix malware issues without the proper tools or malware knoweldge. I am interested in the Malware Training course, but I am concerned that my current position and computer knoweldge will be tossed aside if I start off in the program at the sophmore level. I'm also not interested in having to wait over a year to get the complete knoweldge that I need to serve my company better.

Do you guys offer a paid training for something like this?

Edited by greatman05, 18 February 2015 - 03:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

Hi,

we are not offering a paid service and we are not offering any type of commercial training. The training we provide is aimed at people that want to give back and help out on the forums here at BleepingComputer. Therefore it is unlikely that you would be a good fit for our program

regards
myrti
If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

Just so you know, there are several other online security sites but their training programs are similar to ours....aimed at people that want to give back and help out on the forums there.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

I've considered this, but a year is quite a long time to devote to something that won't enrich my resume, or allow me a better job position as well.

#5 White Hat Mike

White Hat Mike

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

I've wanted to apply for the BC training program, but there isn't a spot open.

Information Security Engineer | Penetration Tester | Forensic Analyst

CipherTechs.com

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:09 PM

I've considered this, but a year is quite a long time to devote to something that won't enrich my resume, or allow me a better job position as well.

You know that the knowledge and skills that you'll gain out of this training will be really useful in the future and will allow you to do a better job or even do a job no one else can and it could lead you to a promotion or something? You shouldn't think about the training as something you'll complete, but something that will enrich your current knowledge.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:12 PM

Since it's inception many years ago, malware removal training here (and most other sites) is about commitment, dedication and learning so you can help others, not for resume enhancement. However, graduates become experts and some receive the honor of being nominated as a Microsoft MVP which can enhance one's resume.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

I've wanted to apply for the BC training program, but there isn't a spot open.

Due to the self-paced structure of training and limited number of instructors here at BC, it is impossible to say with any accuracy when slots will open. New slots are opened up as our existing trainees complete the lower levels of study and move up toward more advanced levels. So keep trying.

#9 greatman05

greatman05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

You guys really don't have to be condescending when you tell people that you don't offer paid training; I am a computer techician like some of you are. You could even make a sticky and say "WE DON'T OFFER COMMERICAL TRAINING" if you don't want to have to answer this question instead of being snarky. I bet there are many computer technicians and system administrators out there that would love to pay for a program like this, but if your gatekeeper organization insists on having unpaid flunkies doing their work, I can see why you would be rude in your replies. These kinds of things are what give IT a bad name.

In any case, I appreciate the responses. I will continue to learn how to clean malware on my own.

Edited by greatman05, 18 February 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

greatman05

Sorry you feel any of our replies were condescending...they certainly were not intended that way. myrti (in addition to being an expert in malware removal) is one of our Malware Study Hall Admins who oversees the training program and based on your comments, see provided her honest assessment. I simply added that other online sites were similar to our program.

BTW...we do have a pinned sticky which explains the program in more detail...BleepingComputer's Malware Removal Training Program.

#11 greatman05

greatman05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

I fully read the sticky, and that was the reason for this generated thread. I am not an idiot. If many people were asking you guys this question, all you had to do was make a sticky saying "NO PAID TRAINING OFFERED" so people like me wouldn't "waste your time" asking a genuine question.

Thank you all for your replies.

Edited by greatman05, 18 February 2015 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users