Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introducing myself to the forums....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Serious Noize

Serious Noize

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

Hello everyone at Bleeping Computer.  I decided to join the forums today because it seems lately that every time I do an internet search the links leading me to the answers I seek always end up here with the answers.

I have used computers for years and years starting back when there was only dial up, I ran a multitude of various BBS's back in those early days when there were no smart phones, no world wide web and starting out I had a state of the art at the time 300 baud dial up modem!

It is amazing to me to see how far technology has come along in just the last 20 years. When I started out using computers pretty much floppy drives were the standard for most everything, that and old data cassettes which worked some of the time and other times didn't. I mention this because growing up during those days a lot of the things as a kid at the time that we could only dream of has as of late become a reality here in modern times, for example, controlling a PC with voice command, cars that can drive themselves "Being tested by Google now", 3D printers.... LOL, anybody remember the "PAY PHONE"?.... Just amazing to see how far technology has come in such a short time, imagine where it might be in 20 more years.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and can see an endless amount  of helpful and informative information to be found here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users