Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replaced Broken Fan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ben_26

Ben_26

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

Hi  i have had a problem with a noisey Fan  a fin broke off ,i use XP Home edition

I have replaced the lower DC Brushless  fan, an equivalent from Maplin with a noisey 34+2db and it didnt come with the Tacho yellow wire so i  fitted without it and have black and red in the 3 hole socket!

my specs are below:

Intel® Celeron® D Processor 356
(512K Cache, 3.33 GHz, 533 MHz FSB)

I have checked the Bios Health Check in my system, its says CPU is 82F

and rotation is around 1100RPM  

but on the details of the specs that came with the New Fan

it states 3000+10%RPM

After leaving the PC on for over 2 hours now

I have just looked again and Current System temp 28C (82F)

Current CPU Temp 30C    (86F)

System Fan   0  RPM  (possibly because the Tacho is not detected ?)

I am trying to find the Optimal CPU temp would these readings above be in the safe Temp Parameters, if

I have tried CPU-World but dont really quite understand the info.

I would be grateful for any the help, regards Ben.

Edited by hamluis, 18 February 2015 - 09:06 AM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but you said:

I am trying to find the Optimal CPU temp would these readings above be in the safe Temp Parameters,

The temps you post are excellent for any computer; the fact you are running XP makes no difference. Your question really is about hardware, not the operating system.

The CPU running at 30°C is excellent.

The system fan not being detected is not a problem, there could be several reasons for that, including how your BIOS is set up, whether you have used a 2-pole case fan on a three pole socket on the mainboard, etc. etc.  If the CPU fan were not running your system would not boot in the first place. 28°C for your box temperature is excellent.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Ben_26

Ben_26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

Hi ranchhand_  Thank-you for  taking time to answer my Questions on the Fan CPU and thanks for going into detail on this ,

i am very grateful for your reply ,good luck and thanks for helping me on the forum.

Regards Ben.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

Welcome!  :cowboy:

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users