Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HOW DO I REMOVE PROGRAM KNCTR?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 whorechata

whorechata

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:41 AM

Okay so i never had the problem where the run was running in the background but I cant even seem to uninstall the program! I go to the control panel and i try to manually uninstall but i get all I get is an error message, "Runtime Errror (at 45:57):     Internal Error: failed to expand shell folder constant "userappdata"

when i try to simply open the program itself to see if I can do anything from the inside I get another error message saying "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log for more detail"

im getting really frustrated and I do not want to pay $149 to remove only one program from my computer when im sure i can do it myself for free. PLEASE HELP :smilers:  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:02 AM

G'day whorechata, and Welcome to BC

Down on the right corner of your desktop near the digital clock should be a drop-down arrow.  Click it and you'll see the 'knctr icon'. Right-click on the Purple KNCTR icon and Remove the checkmark by “Load on Startup”, and then select “Shutdown” Then go to your control panel and 'Uninstall' that program.   Reboot the computer.

Edited by Condobloke, 18 February 2015 - 02:05 AM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 whorechata

whorechata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

G'day whorechata, and Welcome to BC

Down on the right corner of your desktop near the digital clock should be a drop-down arrow.  Click it and you'll see the 'knctr icon'.  Click the icon and then click 'Shutdown'.  Then go to your control panel and 'Uninstall' that program.   Reboot the computer.

Thank you very much for the welcome. but you see that is my problem, the program doesnt seem to even exist on my computer except for the fact when i manage my programs KNCTR is the first one there. 

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,030 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:12 AM

Ok.....if you are positive there is no icon.....not even if you click on show hidden icons...customize...??

Download  AdwCleaner  by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
    Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
     (* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.)
    Click on the Scan button (only once)
    AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
    After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
    A report (AdwCleanerR0.txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
    Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
    If you have questions, post the Report log back here.....if not, then please proceed to the next step

Next

Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
    Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
    Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
    After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleanerS0].txt) will open automatically.
    Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.

Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes the adware more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration. After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like AdwCleaner and JRT to fix any remaining entries they may find.

If any of the other items prove to be wanted later, they can be reinstalled as original (see below)
- To restore an item that has been deleted  : Open the program again,
- Go to Tools (top left) > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > then click on Restore.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 whorechata

whorechata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:22 AM

Ok.....if you are positive there is no icon.....not even if you click on show hidden icons...customize...??

Download  AdwCleaner  by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
    Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
     (* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.)
    Click on the Scan button (only once)
    AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
    After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
    A report (AdwCleanerR0.txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
    Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
    If you have questions, post the Report log back here.....if not, then please proceed to the next step

Next

Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
    Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
    Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
    After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleanerS0].txt) will open automatically.
    Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.

Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes the adware more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration. After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like AdwCleaner and JRT to fix any remaining entries they may find.

If any of the other items prove to be wanted later, they can be reinstalled as original (see below)
- To restore an item that has been deleted  : Open the program again,
- Go to Tools (top left) > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > then click on Restore.

currently in the process of this!! wish me luck! 

#6 whorechata

whorechata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

# AdwCleaner v4.110 - Logfile created 18/02/2015 at 00:12:00
# Updated 05/02/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-02-14.2 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows Vista ™ Home Premium Service Pack 2 (x86)
# Username : Lety - LETY-PC
# Running from : c:\Users\Lety\Downloads\adwcleaner_4.110.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\9e9e7682afdb4368ba941f2b3aa6721e

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16609

-\\ Google Chrome v40.0.2214.111

-\\ Chromium v

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [6654 bytes] - [23/01/2014 11:20:36]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [10682 bytes] - [17/02/2015 21:36:16]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [10922 bytes] - [17/02/2015 21:36:50]
AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [1258 bytes] - [17/02/2015 23:20:44]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [6420 bytes] - [23/01/2014 11:22:57]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [9725 bytes] - [17/02/2015 21:40:28]
AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [4598 bytes] - [17/02/2015 21:40:35]
AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [1128 bytes] - [18/02/2015 00:12:00]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [1187  bytes] ##########

here is the long awaited log we've all been waiting for!

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,030 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

Please download  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Double-click mb3-setup-1878.1878-3.5.1.2522.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
The 14 day trial is preselected.....if you want it, leave it ticked...if not, untick it.......then...
Click Finish.
On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.
If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.
When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
In most cases, a restart will be required.
Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.

If already installed please check for Updates first, and then run a Scan.
    Right click and choose "Run as administrator" to open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
    Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkit and Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
    Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button.
    If you find malware and tick it to remove it, you may be asked th re-boot the computer to finish cleaning.
    Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:07 AM

You could also just download a program called Geek Uninstaller - If KNCTR shows in your add/remove list, then Geek Uninstaller will also see it, and it will uninstall the program and also remove its registry keys, its one of the fastest, most reliable 3rd party uninstallers I have come across.

You can get the software from here: http://www.geekuninstaller.com/download

Download the free version.

==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users