Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screensavers won't activate.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Randinio54

Randinio54

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

This has probably been addressed already but couldn't find it.

I had Win 8 and the screensavers wouldn't work.  So I took the chance and upgraded to 8.1.  Screensavers still won't work.  Any way I can fix this?

Thanks for everyone's help that responds.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mralias518

mralias518

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

I copied this from another board but it is the same suggestion I would give you. Try these in order.

1. Have you set any photos outside from Windows Screensaver pictures?

2. Which antivirus program is installed on the computer?

I would suggest you to perform the steps provided here. Let's analyze and identify the cause of the issue.

Method 1: 

Here are a few steps you may try and let us know the outcome.

Make sure you have the following power settings set on your laptop.

a. In the Power options window, set "Choose when to turn off the display" to never.

b. Set "Change when the computer sleep" to Never.

Set the Screensaver timing to 2 minutes and check.

Note: This setting is just to check if the screensaver works with this setting. 

Method 2: 

Uninstall the display adapters and reinstall the latest drivers from (insert your computer model here) website.

a. Right click on Start button and select Device manager.

b. Browse Display Adapters, right click on the driver and select Uninstall.

c. Restart the computer and download the drivers from HP website.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, create a new user account and check the issue using step one to see if something in your account settings is prevent it from loading.

(I would also suggest for testing to chose a basic screen saver and not something with photos or one that has been modified for testing purpose.)

Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca & Windows 8.1 Dual Boot.

Dell E6410 i5 7.60518 Gib of ram

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users