Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD when opening browsers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JeffF73

JeffF73

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

I cant seem to get internet to work let alone I get BSOD when opening browser even while the network is not active. I have used Bluescreen view and got the logs combined and attached below

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   27.41KB   3 downloads

Edited by JeffF73, 17 February 2015 - 12:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

Can you zip and upload BSOD memory dump files for me to download.

Configure Driver Verifier to find out which driver is causing the BSOD the current memory dump files shows Windows system files and drivers as the cause of the BSOD which is not always correct.  After your computer have BSOD while using the Driver Verifier upload the memory dump files stored in "C:\Windows\Minidump" directory and give us the download link hopefully memory dump file will show which driver is causing the BSOD.

First create a System Restore point.

To start using Driver Verifier, type Verifier into Start Menu search box.

Once Verifier is started, you will need to configure it. You can create standard settings.

bsod-verifier-standard.jpg

In the next menu screen, select Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer

bsod-verifier-select.jpg

Click finish to reboot computer.

Verifier will consume a lot of CPU and slow down the machine considerably.

You may also experience additional crashes.

You will need to collect a handful of memory dump files.

You can disable Driver Verifier after you collect few memory dump files.

Start the Driver Verifier and delete the existing settings.

If your machine cannot boot into Windows normally because of Driver Verifier, you can disable the Driver Verifier by booting into Safe mode.

Upload the BSOD files for us to download to analyze.

Edited by FreeBooter, 28 February 2015 - 04:45 PM.

2GvnEq2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users