Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone emoticons and Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:32 PM

Greetings and hello!

Question: is there a way for my iPhone5s emoticons to show up in my posts?

LOL ~~ never ever did I wish use any type of celluar device that would have Internet connection, and furthermore use it!

Then there's the family who just have to push the envelope..to the point that they purchase the iPhone for

you and include you in their plan!

Okay..so life has become quite nice while comphy in the bed, and this marvelous access to all my favorite websites!

For Bleeping Computer, I have realized that the emoticons that I have been using in my posts, look like Chinese when I sign in to the Windows 7 PC and review the topics I have posted in!

What in this world???  :hysterical: Any clues for a work-a-round?

Thank you!

softeyes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

create.php.gif

I guess you could do like I did, Upload the emote to a image hosting site then copy the link into your post.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

Or, use the emoticons that are included in this site:

:bananas:  :clapping:  :smash:  :oopsign:  :hysterical:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

Thanks NickAu: yet another new project for me and said iPhone! Photobucket, here I come hoping you have a iPhone app 😄

JohnWho: LOVE your line up there!! Oddly enough, using this iPhone I do not find or see any of the administrative tools, yet another step to learn.

Perhaps this has been talked about in a different forum area. Homework!

Appreciate your replies!!!

#5 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

Hi softeyes,

I see your emoticons in this post link just fine. I've asked around and others do too.. I think the issue might be with your windows rather than the iphone.

What Windows are you using? Which browser? (Have you tried checking with a different browser to see if the same thing happens?)

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

Hi softeyes,

I see your emoticons in this post link just fine. I've asked around and others do too.. I think the issue might be with your windows rather than the iphone.

What Windows are you using? Which browser? (Have you tried checking with a different browser to see if the same thing happens?)

Lovely to have your reply mryti!

Get ready..I'm working on my very first computer..a 2001 Sony Vaio that I transferred into a new case (name is noreturn!) upgraded RAM etc..and the operating system is: tada..Windows XP!  My favorite browser I use is M-FFox..I did return to the old vault of IE8 (LOL) and neither of the two browsers, with our retired friend XP recognize the iPhone emoticons! Tired stuff..yet for the particular place this old friend lives, I still get marvelous treatment and Internet connection!

Now I must migrate to one of my newer computers running Windows 7, to see if my posts which have iPhone emoticons indeed do show!

Your post leaves me hopefull that you indeed can see my favorite of all..the face laughing with the tears running down!  I LOVE that one!

For now..thank you so much for your reply and I'll get onto my W7 machine tomorow and report back!

NIte for some..hello to others!

softeyes

#7 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

Back..typing on my PC, Windows 7, using Mozilla Firefox. 

This is what the yellow laughing with tears iPhone 5s emoticon looks like:

0741_zpsir5cdlgo.png

Unfortunately what is showing here in BC is not in colour..however it's at least not a Chinese symbol that I saw using XP!!!

So, I guess the bottom line is the iPhone 5s emoticons do not transmit as I see them while using the phone to type a message here in BC. Who knows..it might be the case with any forum!!  ^^^ emoticon being used ^^^

Not a big deal to fuss over..What does concern me is that using the iPhone to respond with a post..I do not have access to the administrative toolbar?  A post in the Apple thread might capture an answer?

Have a great day...softeyes

Edited by softeyes, 18 February 2015 - 07:57 PM.

#8 Victoria Maybe

Victoria Maybe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

😜 😱 🙈🙉🙊 💔 mine work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users