Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bglear

Bglear

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

Hey guys came across this website trying to fix this problem essentially but can't figure out how to so I thought I'd post and hopefully get some one-to-one help as following other people's steps doesn't seem to help.
I have a custom built computer using Windows 7 Ultimate and have previously only used it wired, ive moved house and now having to use wireless and ive got this error come up.
It's not working in any browser but for some reason I can connect to Skype. (EDIT, I said I couldn't but I can)
I literally have no idea what to do so any help would be brilliant!
Thank you for reading my post!

Brad

Edited by Bglear, 16 February 2015 - 04:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bglear

Bglear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

Oh also I've tried deselecting "predict network actions to improve page load performance" and followed these instruction - 
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529115/dns-lookup-failed-i-have-no-idea-what-this-is-or-how-to-fix-it-what-do-i-do/?p=3327400

But still nothing.

Edited by Bglear, 16 February 2015 - 06:16 PM.

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

Can you post what you see when you do an type ipconfig /all and then type tracert yahoo.com at a cmd prompt...thanks.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 Aquaman5

Aquaman5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

EDIT: I opened Internet Explorer, hit the Fix Issue button on the error page and Windows 7 detected that somehow my DCHP was turned off and Windows prompted me to re enable it. 

Edited by Aquaman5, 18 February 2015 - 02:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users