Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GlassWire Not Compatible With This Operating System

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gswiatek

gswiatek

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

Hi,

After signing up I mentioned in the introduce yourself section that I tried to get GlassWire to run, unsuccessfully.  Condobloke replied and suggested I post my isuue here.

I am running Vista SP2 on a 64 bit Dell.  I downloaded to a specific folder that I created just for the software.  The erorr is announced in a small error window with    GlassWire 1.0.35 Setup    at the top left and says   GlassWire is not compatible with this Operating System. 

It's a relatively new piece of software offerred through BleepingComputer at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/glasswire/  which states  " GlassWire is currently in Beta so bugs may occur and it could cause issues on your computer. When testing GlassWire it worked perfectly on our computer, but as it is in beta we are required to give you this warning. "

Perhaps my 'puter isn't as perfect as it needs to be ... : ) 

Looks like a real good idea for security software.  I'd like to run it.

Best Regards,

Glenn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

Hi gswiatek :)

Glasswire indeed doesn't work on Windows Vista, you need at least Windows 7 to run it. A member of Glasswire team answered someone's question concerning this issue (note that the user is running the same version of Windows as you)

https://forum.glasswire.com/t/latest-glasswire-will-not-install-on-vista-home-premium-sp2-64-bit/643

Unfortunately, you'll have to look for another firewall to use instead of Glasswire. I'll message Grinler to get the description changed on BleepingComputer.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 gswiatek

gswiatek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

Roger That,

Thank You Aura

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:15 PM

No problem :) Sent a PM to Grinler about it, so it should be corrected soon.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users