Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skype's top shadow removal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bellzemos

Bellzemos

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Hi,

some days ago I finally updated Skype to the latest version and now when I video-chat over Skype I see some kind of a shade on the top side of the video window.

That wasn't the case in the previous version. Do you know what I'm talking about and how to make that annoying thing disappear?

Thanx!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

Hi Bellzemos :)

Can you go in a video chat with someone, then take a screenshot of the video window so we can see exactly what you're referring to?

How to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Once done, attach that screenshot to your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

The dimmed upper part:

untitled.png

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

I think it's normal, I could try to video chat with someone and see if it's there or not. We could always try to update your graphic card drivers to see if it makes a difference. Are you running Skype is full screen?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

I am running Skype in both modes and the shading is always present. It is "normal", it's how Skype set it in the last version(s) - but I don't like it. I would like to get rid of it, is there a way?

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:20 AM

The only options I can find related to that on Skype are for your own webcam, so I doubt that it'll affects other people webcam when you go in a video chat with them.

unite_blue.png

#7 Bellzemos

Bellzemos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

Well then I guess I'll have to live with that stupid Skype shade. I don't know what were they thinking, but anyway, thank you for your help.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

I cannot find anything about this online as well and from the look of it it comes from Skype so no solution for that. Sorry and no problem!

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users