Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Server Certificates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NakedG4m3r

NakedG4m3r

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

Hi All,

Being that I am not very familiar with SSL certs. on the backend of things;,I was wondering if someone knew how I can take the wild card cert.  I received from the CA and apply it to my web servers? I've turned to Google, but the majority of the information I've found was vast and overwhelming. Typically, I use IIS and Tomcat both, but I am not sure how to create the appropriate certificate I need. Can someone make an attempt to help me (and anyone else who might need it) understand certs and cert chains. Breaking this down Barney style would be much appreciated.

-NG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

Where did you get your Wild card Cert from? Did you generate a Certificate signing request for the new Certificate? In simple terms a Wild card certificate protects a domain and single level sub domain's. For example test.com would be the primary domain. Example.test.com would be a single level sub domain. Depending on the domain your web server's are on you need to import the certificate into IIS and Tomcat.  The instructions vary depending on which version of IIS your using and should be available from where you purchased the SSL cert from. I know Enom.com, Digicert, Symantec, Comodo, and Geotrust all have instructions on their sites.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users