Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SD Card Recovery?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 duramax603

duramax603

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

I was downloading a firmware update onto the card when the program froze. Now when I put the card in any computer it says it needs to be formatted. The problem is all my son's Nintendo DS Pokémon progress was also on that card. I'm definitely out of the running for father of the year. Disk management says the file type is RAW. Any help would be appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

The easiest method is scanning the SD card with Easeus Data Recovery. It will let you recover 1GB for free. After that you need to pay for a serial key.

The freeware way would be to do the steps here. Do not write anything as noted in the guide. Download Testdisk for Windows 6.14 and unzip to a folder on your desktop. Do a Quick Scan and see if it detects any partitions on the drive. Press upper case "P" after highlighting any partition detected. If you see the files listed you can select them with the ":" key and then use the upper case "C" key to copy. Or you can use the "a" key to select all files. In Testdisk your SD card would probably iisted as sdb.

The default location of file recovery would be the folder you unzipped Testdisk to.

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 February 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#3 duramax603

duramax603
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

The easiest method is scanning the SD card with Easeus Data Recovery. It will let you recover 1GB for free. After that you need to pay for a serial key.

The freeware way would be to do the steps here. Do not write anything as noted in the guide. Download Testdisk for Windows 6.14 and unzip to a folder on your desktop. Do a Quick Scan and see if it detects any partitions on the drive. Press upper case "P" after highlighting any partition detected. If you see the files listed you can select them with the ":" key and then use the upper case "C" key to copy. Or you can use the "a" key to select all files. In Testdisk your SD card would probably iisted as sdb.

The default location of file recovery would be the folder you unzipped Testdisk to.

It worked! I am no longer the worst dad ever. Thanks a ton. :thumbup2:

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

Did you use Easeus or Testdisk? Thanks for posting an update.

#5 duramax603

duramax603
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:06 PM

I used Easeus. I had to pay because there was more than 1GB but it was worth it. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users