Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

shutdown after logon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

hi i had a vista laptop i got windows 7 put on it a few months back and it has been working brilliantly but since yesterday everytime i put in my windows password and it goes to load windows the laptop shuts down,any ideas? could it be hardrive duying

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

Any onscreen error messages?

You can always run a hard drive diagnostic to check the functionality of the drive.

Guide, SeaTools For DOS - http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOSguide.pdf

SeaTools for DOS Download - http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/

I would run the long generic test...depending on size of hard drive, should take 2-3 hours to complete.

Louis

#3 Victoria-Joe

Victoria-Joe

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

Diagnosing Hard drive is important but before that try this: First login to your administrator account and boot your PC in safe mode. Remember that when you pursue in boot mode then select ‘safe mode with networking option’ under ‘advanced boot options screen’. Also after booting, set your PC in clean boot state. It will surely help you to identify third party tools which are causing problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users