Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Problem.....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bowdoctor

Bowdoctor

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

Please watch my VIDEO of my sound problem...   The Studder is at :31 and :52

The video was shot with a web cam....

The Studder Sound, happens every few mins to maybe every 10 mins.

The bad sound happens when I play Netfix, Pandora, YouTube, and any sound.....

I tried another set of speakers..

I hear it with my Blu-Tooth speakes...

Turned the PC off for over night, and I get the bad sound with in 10 mins....
Replaced the Sound Card...
Reformatted the hard drive and still same problem

I wrote to Asus and they told me to send the PC in for repair.. OMG

Model CM6870

CAN IT BE THE POWER Supply??? I downloaded "SpeedFan" the voltage readings do not change, but maybe .5  (1/2) volts + and -

What do ya think!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

The only way to tell for sure if this is a ground loop problem with the DAC on the mainboard is to try a set of USB headset.

This will obviously bypass the sound dac on board.  I am guessing that ASUS are possibly aware a problem which is why they want you to send it in.  Possible that when you took it apart to replace the sound card you accidently messed something up.

Found this link

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

I just thought of something else you can try.

Pick up a real cheap power strip and snip the 3rd ground prong.

Plug the computer and speakers into that strip.  That should fix the 2 ways to ground.

#4 Bowdoctor

Bowdoctor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

I do hope the video did help you to hear my problem....

VIDEO of my sound problem.

This sound I am having started some time back.

1st thing I did was uninstall the Factory Audio Driver and reinstalled the Driver again...  still the same noise..

2nd thing was to reformate the HD and reinstall....

3rd thing was to replace the orignal Audio Card with a NEW one... and uninstalled the Factory Driver... installed the new with the CD.

4th  Tried my Ear Buds, Blu-Tooth speakers... and still same sound...

This PC has for some crazy reason a Video Card and and On Board Video Card... I switched them around... Same Sound...

Today I may hook up a inline voltage meter to see in I am getting any Voltage drop from my Electric Company...

I live in a 1956 building (Condo) and have found BAD grounding in a few outletrs...  this maybe my problem and with voltage problems...

I went to the LINK "Audio Issue (static/ringing) ...  I may try this any how....

THANSK FOR YOUR HELP.....

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

I read what you stated and I watched the video and this sounds like either interference from improperly grounded DAC on the mainboard or ground loop problem.  I had a problem with the first iterations of ps3 used to come with a 3 prong plug I would get video interference bad on my 84" tv.  It was suggested that I had a ground loop problem and as the TV was grounded and the ps3 was grounded the ground loop caused interference.  I obviously did not want to snip the 3rd prong off the ps3 but I had no problem at all taking a cheap surge surpressor and clipping the third prong off of that and plugging in the ps3 into that.  Now, I am not suggesting you clip the third prong off any of your devices.. simply off of the power strip. Plug the computer or speakers into the power strip with the clipped ground and you will now only have one way to ground thus canceling a ground loop.

Maybe you did not understand what I said or you thought it was out of the realm of possibility.  I however think its a good way to find out what the problem is.  Either its a Sound DAC that is not grounded or interference from ground loop.

USB headsets have a sound DAC in the line of the cord itself.  This will bypass the computer's DAC and tell you if it is the SOUND dac in your computer.

Maybe I was unclear and now you Understand?

PS. I do hope you get this resolved and post back to us with your found solution. 

Edited by YeahBleeping, 16 February 2015 - 06:02 PM.

#6 Bowdoctor

Bowdoctor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for all your help....

I understand about how a ground can mess things up at times.  Many years ago I did electronics repair on Audio and Visual equipment.  Back when you traced the problem with many ways.  Then the problem was a capacitor, resistor or maybe a transformer...

My thought was maybe old thinking, but a voltage drop or spike that may cause a capacitor to leak voltage... who knows... Damn new stuff.. LOL

I will give a few things a try.. and YES I will post what my findings are.

The so called bad sound happens at intermit  times,  every 2 mins and sometimes every 10 mins.

I have noticed when I play a Face Book game  the sound is fine the most... Humm

Other than that problem, the unit runs fine...

Again Thanks...

#7 Bowdoctor

Bowdoctor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

Well.... I still have that crazy sound.... now and then.. Grrrr

I ran an extension cord to my AC outlet that is a ONE line only to my breaker box.  The noise still happened....

The outlet where I had my computer plugged into only had one outlet, and I want to make it a 4 outlet box...with a GFI.

This Condo was built in 1956, and the wires in the OLD outlet only were 2 wire... NO ground.  I ran a ground wire from my Hot Water system pipe to the NEW outlets..  OMG

Still the crazy sound.....  Grrrr BUT I now have no more Power Strips...

I ran the sound through the USB.... and YES the same sound....  OMG I am Lost..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users