Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

missing or corrupted files - how to check

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

good afternoon to all,

please, i wish to know how i can check for missing/corrupted files or for any missing registry entries on my pc

i cannot burn any audio cd with my adobe audition sound editor, although i can burn any cd including audio/data with other programs (ashampoo burning studio 10,steinberg wavelab demo 8)

i have reinstall audition again but i still have problem so i have to check if i have any missing or corrupted windows files or any missing cd/dvd registry keys

the adobe use spti drive for burning audio cd's and there is also the aspi option as well but neither options working

i do not know if my problem is the adobe audition installation disk (setup files not exe) but i doubt since the program can be installed and can be worked up to the point to burn an audio cd

the only utility i have to check my system is glarys utilities pro v.2.35

my os is windows xp pro sp3 x86

my dvdrw is samsung (tsstcorp 222bb)

i have scanned my pc for virus and any other malicious software including rootkit with zonelabs internet security 2015 (free version) combofix - latest version and malwarebytes and nothing is found

many thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Hello there,

If you need to check for corrupted or missing Windows system files, you can run the command sfc /scannow in Command Prompt.

And also, I do not recommend running ComboFix without the guidance of a trained expert.

Hope this helps.

Alex

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563254

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Registry Cleaner FAQ, PC Support - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/a/registry-cleaner-faq.htm

Registry Cleaner, Animal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526247/tune-up-utilities-2014-problem/?p=3303494

<<the only utility i have to check my system is glarys utilities pro v.2.35>>

I would not consider anything by Glary, IObit, Iolo, etc. to be something I would suggest for system installation.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 16 February 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

For XP see if the following will work. Download NeroAspi here. Copy it to the C:\Windows\System32 directory. Reboot the computer and see if you can now burn with adobe. Make sure you do this in an admin account. If that does not work copy the NeroAspi file to the adobe audition program directory.

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

good afternoon to all,

i thank very much all of you for the replies

i will try the utilities you have mentioned

negative - aspi driver is not working

sfc /scannow - everything seems to be ok

negative - combofix scan nothing is found

i have tried a newer audition demo version but again i cannot burn any audio cd's

i am not sure but i think that my problem may be missing cd/dvd microsoft registry entries

many thanks to all

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

i am not sure but i think that my problem may be missing cd/dvd microsoft registry entries

What forms the basis of this statement?

Louis

#7 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

good morning to all and many thanks for the replies

sorry for the delay in reply

i think that some reg entries or files for cd/dvd may missing missing because i cannot burn any audio cd from windows xp nor i can listen to any audio cd from windows media player v. 10

i have all ready re install windows media player but i still have he same problem

not to forget to mention that i have repair my windows xp sp3 x86 wit the twaking com windows repair utility but nothing done

i have all ready re install the latest version of k-lite mega pack but i still have the problem

i think that i have re formatted my hard drive but for the time being this is not possible since i do no have any spare hard drive for backup my files

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#9 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

good evening dear hamluis,

i really thank you so much for your reply and for the given link for the minitoolbox utility

unfortunately i have deleted adobe audition 2 from my pc among with some other demos i had

after an examination the follow reg key is totally missing from my pc (i do not know why !)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class

{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} 

this comes from an adobe audition forum 

the audition is not recognize the cdrw/dvdr the same problem as mine

sorry for the capital letters in my post

i think that i have to re format my pc as it is somewhat difficult for me to repair anything in the registry

may thanks in advance

Edited by nickko, 23 February 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

Before you reformat, if that is your decision...I advise you to run an appropriate hard drive diagnostic on the drive upon which you intend to reinstall Windows.  It's just a cautionary step that may save users lots of surprises in the future when they do installs of Windows.

Louis

#11 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

good evening dear hamluis

i thank you once again very much for your kind assistance and advice

i have to say how much i appreciate this

my problem is solved and i want to share what i have done with anybody who may have the same problem as mine

my sound editor adobe audition could not read or burn an audio cd because some  cd/dvd reg enries were missing or deleted by mistake

i have found and i have deleted the follow reg key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

sorry for the capital letters for the above reg entry key

i deleted all the related reg entries for my adobe audition 2 sw

i have restarted my pc and i have installed again my audition 2

that's all

my audition now can read and burn any audio cd as before

if anybody have the same problem as mine but with a different sound editor or a multimedia program and cannot burn a cd or dvd then simply delete the above mentioned reg entry,remove your program, delete any related reg entries, restart your pc and install again your program

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

Simply uninstalling/reinstalling the troublesome program...would have resulted in the same effect, with less bother, IMO.

But all's well that ends well...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users