Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

have sound, but no volume mixer. (problem with sound hardware error)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

Windows 98 SE

on a Gateway G6-300 with a Creative Labs CT5803 sound card, I get sound coming through my speakers including midi, wav, games, start-up, shut-down etc. but I have no volume mixer. if I go to accessories/entertainment/volume mixer, it says

there is a problem with your sound hardware. you may install or activate mixer devices from the control panel

how do I remedy this. device manager sees my sound card and tells me there is nothing wrong. Multimedia settings has "show volume control in task bar" grayed out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users