Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tools

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

hey lads which would be the best troubleshooting dvds/cds to have in my collection,mainly for xp,vista,7,and 8

Edited by hamluis, 16 February 2015 - 11:49 AM.
Moved from Win to All Other Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:07 AM

Hi trevor :)

What do you mean exactly by "troubleshooting DVD/CD"? You mean, live CD that you can use to boot from in order to fix issues when a system can't boot or?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

yes exactly that would be good also is hitman pro any good?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

HitmanPro.KickStart is a good one, I use it against Ransomware most of the time as it does the job pretty well. Kaspersky Rescue CD is another one. I suggest you to have a bootable CD/DVD of every Windows (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1) if you're in a situation where you need to access the Recovery PE and can't do it the normal way, you'll be able to by booting from these installations.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,878 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

I'm curious as to what a "troubleshooting tool" is in your world.

Most users are incapable of adequately dealing with malware...so that is not a Windows "troubleshooting" scenario but a unique situation calling for unique solutions in some cases.

In any case, this forum covers Windows 7 situations, not malware, not hardware.  Each of those has unique tools which are used based on the expertise and familiarity/comfort of the user.

There is no magical formula for "troubleshooting", IMO.

Louis

#6 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

thanks aura i see you get a 30day trial with hitman pro which is handy

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

I also suggest you to take a look at d7 II, really useful program that can come very handy in certain situations. However, it's to be used by actual technical supports that know exactly what they're doing, so be cautious with it.

http://www.foolishit.com/d7ii/

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users