Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Repair Tracking Software?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blueman83

blueman83

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:48 AM

Hi All,

I've been running my own computer repair business for a few years now and I'm looking for a way to streamline the process and free my head up a little! I've sub-contracted for a few companies that use some nice custom web based Management Software and I'm trying to decide what to use for myself. I'm a one-man-band with the help of a couple of sub-contractors occasionally. I'd prefer a free or minimal cost solution as it's a small business.

I've done some research and found the following programs that look like they could do what I want (aswell as many others I'm not sure about!), I'd love to hear from anyone who's used them or can recommend something else instead? It has to be easy to use (my wife will be inputting some of the data and is NOT technically minded!), and web based to update from the road.

-MyITCRM - Free and Open-Source

-PC Repair Tracker - $200 one-off cost tailored for IT repair

-RepairTraq - Free, designed for Repair tracking for numerous industries including PC Repair

I'd love some feedback on these or other suggestions!

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:02 PM

Spiceworks is another free option that is frequently mentioned in these topics.

Remedy is the most frequently encounter software in the corporate environment.

No ticket tracking software works for everyone, find the one that has the least number of issues in your environment.

#3 Jorfan

Jorfan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:44 AM

OpenRMA is a new Software that we tried,

It does exactly what we need. Just truck our repairing on our small computer store.

Nothing more, nothing less. We bought it about 100$ was 50% off and the guyz who made it helped me out a lot via teamviewer.

So i recommend it.

www.openrma.com - Computer Repair Tracking Software

#4 jimdunstan

jimdunstan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

Ive used Trailblazer, and found it to be very good.  They seems very helpful

#5 m0n

m0n