Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mercy for Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

Mercy for Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran

Andrew and Myuran, two young Australians, face execution in Indonesia. They have admitted trying to traffic drugs to Australia. They have exhausted their appeals. All that can save them is clemency from Indonesia’s President, Joko Widodo. We ask you to help in respectfully seeking clemency.

Letter to

Indonesian President Joko Widodo
Your Excellency, President Joko Widodo, President of the Republic of Indonesia,
We sign this petition with hope in our hearts. We ask for mercy for the lives of Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan.
It was announced in December 2014 that clemency was refused for the many prisoners on death row for drug offences, and that they will be executed. Two of them are reformed prisoners, Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, who while in jail have done much good over many years. The positive stories of their rehabilitation are known in Indonesia and around the world. They are a true credit to the Indonesian Penal system, which has enabled their rehabilitation.
In jail, each of them has shown remorse and sorrow for his drug crimes and turned his life around, and helped many other prisoners to do the same. They are role models for other prisoners. Welcoming Indonesia’s renewed commitment to the recognition and implementation of international human rights standards, we humbly petition Your Excellency that prisoners who reform should only be jailed, not executed.
We humbly ask for mercy for the rehabilitated prisoners, Myuran and Andrew, and ask that their penalty be reduced from execution to serving a jail sentence.
They deserve to be in jail, but not to be killed. We also humbly ask for mercy for other prisoners on death row, especially those who have reformed their lives.
Bahasa Indonesia
Yang Mulia, Presiden Joko Widodo, Presiden Republik Indonesia.
Kami menandatangani petisi ini dengan harapan di dalam hati kami. Kami memohon ampun bagi kehidupan Myuran Sukumaran dan Andrew Chan.
Telah diumumkan pada Desember 2014 bahwa grasi-grasi yang disampaikan oleh beberapa tahanan yang dihukum mati karena pelanggaran hukum narkoba ditolak, dan mereka akan dieksekusi. Dua dari mereka adalah tahanan yang telah memperbaiki diri, yaitu Andrew Chan dan Myuran Sukumaran, yang sambil berada di penjara telah melakukan banyak kebaikan selama bertahun-tahun. Cerita-cerita positif mengenai rehabilitasi mereka sudah dikenal di dalam Indonesia dan di seluruh dunia.
Mereka merupakan anugerah yang baik terhadap sistem pemidanaan Indonesia, yang telah memungkinkan rehabilitasi mereka. Selama di penjara, kedua orang yang muda ini telah mempertunjukkan penyesalan dan kesedihan atas kesalahan mereka, masing-masing memperbaiki kehidupannya, dan sangat membantukan tahanan yang lain untuk juga memperbaiki diri.
Andrew dan Myuran adalah panutan bagi tahanan yang lain. Dengan menyambut komitmen Indonesia yang diperbarui untuk mengakui dan melaksanakan norma internasional mengenai hak asasi manusia, kami dengan rendah hati mengajukan petisi ini kepada Yang Mulia Bapak Presiden agar supaya tahanan yang telah memperpaiki diri akan dipenjarakan, bukan dieksekusi. Kami dengan rendah hati memohon ampun bagi tahanan ini, Myuran Sukumaran dan Andrew Chan, yang dengan jelas telah memperbaiki diri, dan memohon agar hukuman mereka dikurangi dari eksekusi ke hukuman penjara. Mereka layak terpenjara, bukan dibunuh.
Kami juga dengan rendah hati memohon ampun bagi tahanan lain yang dihukum mati, terutama mereka yang telah memperbaiki kehidupan mereka.

............................................................................................................................................................................................

Please note this is my opinion on this matter as an Australian and a human being

Andrew and Myuran committed a serious crime and yes they should be punished with life in prison, They do not deserve to be executed. As a nation Australia is opposed to the death penalty and I support that stance, Execution is no more than state sponsored MURDER. 

I would say more, However there is no way that the moderators of BC would allow the post if I did.

To President Joko Widodo, President of the Republic of Indonesia.
Do not allow this to happen, Do not allow 2 of my fellow countrymen to be brutally murdered.  Most Australians will not stand for this and we will NEVER FORGIVE you or your country. Expect boycotts of everything Indonesian, Expect Australia to STOP the billions in aid we give you.  

Please commute their sentences to life without parole, Show the world you have some compassion, and want to be Australia’s, friend Just like Australia showed showed compassion and friendship towards your country and people in December 2004 after the earthquake and tsunami.

Nick
Please note this is my opinion on this matter as an Australian and a human being

Anybody wishing to help Andrew and Myuran can do so by visiting http://mercycampaign.org/

Some Links.

150000 Australians sign mercy petition for Chan and Sukumaran

Bali Nine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Protests and boycotts against Bali gather pace

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

To me this depends on what drugs and how much. A few keys of heroin and they are accomplices to murder.. I've seen to many drug deaths. There are no sweet and cuddly drug dealers.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 11,671 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

9 KG heroin.

"There are no sweet and cuddly drug dealers."

I agree. Jail them for life.

However these 2 guys have been on death row for 10 years now and have truly reformed, Even Indonesian prison Authorities agree that they should not be executed.

Other prisoners have come forward to offer their lives to spare Andrew and Myuran from execution.

Execution has no place in any modern progressive society, Execution is not punishment it is cold blooded murder and revenge.

I am sorry but if I go on and say what I truly think of the death penalty I would be banned.

#4 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

To smuggle drugs into a country that has the death penalty for smuggling drugs, seems to me to be suicide. If these two people didn't realise this then they deserve everything they get.

#5 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

Hi Nick. Is there an update? When are they due to be executed? 

I appreciate your input and viewpoint. Death row and execution is legal where I live, but we don't put people to death for drug dealing. It seems extreme to think someone should die based on the assumption that they knew there was the death penalty before smuggling the drugs.

Do they even give them a fair trial? I don't know the justice system in that country or even in Australia. 

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 11,671 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

Do they even give them a fair trial?

The judges allegedly  asked for a bribe to reduce the sentence. So who knows.

I don't know the justice system in that country or even in Australia.
As a nation we do not support the death penalty.

Is there an update? When are they due to be executed?
It has been delayed for now. Due to a judicial review,

https://www.facebook.com/mercycampaign

#7 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

From the news in my country, apparently the Indonesian president is still refusing to give them mercy.

And the Bali Nine member from my country has been sentenced to life imprisonment.

Alex

Edited by Alexstrasza, 22 February 2015 - 10:36 AM.

#8 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

Well personally after seeing 3 of my mates die from heroin over doses i am not sure if they them self deserved to die let along these 2 fellas from the bali 9.

The main question is should they be shot or spend the rest of their lives in prison, not sure on this one.

All i know is when you are at the funerals of the people who lost their kids through drug over doses its hard to not want revenge.

The questions always aksed by the parents are "What did we do wrong, how could have we stopped this".

If you put your hand on fire it will burn you, if you smuggle drugs into or out of bali you will be shot. This leads to the next faze of the sitsuation, addiction.

People do not see death as a consiquance when they are addicted to a drug and all they think about is the next fix, like gamblers, kiddy fiddlers they are all addicted.

I managed to never stuck a needle in my arm considering i grew up around a whole bunch of junkies who did every drug under the sun including heroin so i feel pretty lucky.

All the junkies i knew growing up are either in prison or have done long stints in prison!

The real problem i have is the australian federal police knew about this after they smuggled the drugs from hong kong into balie and the person they caught dobbed everyone in and then the AFP told the balie police to cacth them before they came to OZ.

If there is blood on anyones hands over this is would ahve to eb the AFP.

#9 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:45 PM

The real criminals here are the Indonesian lawmakers and politicians. Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran are drug traffickers/dealers NOT murders.

Any junkie/drug addict, who willingly, and knowingly, seeks to purchase drugs at their-own-risk, must take responsibility for their well-being and actions. They are NOT forced to take drugs.

No drugs were sold to the Indonesian people, no Indonesian has died.

Every day, more people die through alcohol and prescription drugs, that illicit drugs, so do we execute the people involved in alcohol production, or the pharmaceutical companies?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#10 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:34 AM

The three most important words I have ever learned are---I don't know

there are somethings i do know.

No person completely happy with their life world seek to alter that state delibertly with the long term use of any drug.

I smoked  heroin a few times to see why people did it, it took the stress off for sure, and i knew the little stress i had in life would be impossible to deal with as i lost my "exercised" wisdom ability to deal with that stress myself from use of the drug. I saw this in the fact my brain saw the mass amount of heroin as an endorphen over load, over production by the brain, so my brain seeking sobriety, slowed my own production of endorphen and when the heroin washed out, i was left feeling bad cause i had no self created endorphen, as my brain had shut its self production of endorphen down in a effort to make me sober.

the brain seeks sobriety, thats what causes the physical addiction, the brain stops making what it thinks is too much endorphens that are really heroin

"Party Drug" is a dumb word, what heroin is a neuro transmitter supressent, it can not make you feel good, it can only stop you from feeling bad. thats why junkies call it "Getting Down" cause they are coming down from their personal hysteria on it, we all make our own heroin in the form of endorphens, but in the presence of mental illness,if our physical or mental pain becomes too great we exhaust our ability to make endorphens on our own, the brain cells tier, our pain gets greater, like from carrying the pain of incest, ritual sexual abuse or ritual verbal abuse, as you read this your own endorphens are stopping you from screaming from the the pain just your clothes inflect on your body, dispite the layer of dead skin that completly covers your body to slow over sensitivity, germ defense Etc.  

the period of "withdrawl" known after the quick cut off of outside endorphens "heroin" is in fact the time it takes to start the brain making its own endorphens again-PERIOD

Why does the endorphen production start naturally again--cause the brain always seeks sobriety

PROBLEM if brain damage has occured in the abuse of outside endorphen (using mixed heroin) , it can takes years to get the balance back to perfect stasis,---if ever because the drug is mixed with so much lethal crap, use ot the mix leaves brain damage.

PROBLEM this brain damage leads to "Gaba" loss, another chemical thats made in the brain that makes life livable, this loss is often for life.

Gaba, a is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, it shuts down stress, gaba loss is the most wide spread brain defecientcy in the world today, without it we are edgy, upset, nervious Etc. and is one of a few toxic side effects of having all the hell fire going on in the world at our finger tips on the net in our face. Caffein shuts down its production too, as does caffein tell our nerve endings to shed saturated fat so our nerves are less "padded" and more sensitive to sress, but the latter  comes 4-5 hours after drinking coffee, late afternoon shakes anybody?  tho some folks never even have this effect, most folks pretend they don't have this effect and/cause they want to fly in the morning, but depress in the afternoon with low gaba levels, just like cocaine

For those of you who can read thru my awful writting, you are beinging to see a snake eating its own tail.

you can not get addicted to a drug unless it is a brain chemical you already make, this includes pot.

Government leaders that create socitys that stress them self to insanity (gaba loss) thru a million different dysfunctions like uncontrolled job loss, zero free REAL mental health care Etc, should be put in prison for life, cause they are incurable, they never shut up, and they most times under the white shirt are too addicted to their own knee jerk fantasys and un willing to listen to facts, and often what they call justice is just revenge that cures nothing, while all the time bolstered by cops with "HERO Adiction" who often plant drugs on people to look like a real good guy, making the really good cops quit their jobs runing

to seek their sobriety from stress

After 3 days of playing with heroin, i threw the rest away, went back to talking to my great father who would walk with me in the woods and fields for hours every weekend, truly this was better then heroin, but i had what other folks did not have, a gaba supportive culture, poetry, naps, stiff strong boundries with people who were not even traders, arts, carl sandburg, lush reassuring surroundings, healthy music Ect.

and my father let me drink wine at 14, I never became a alchoholic, no DUIs, never hung over at work except

after a mid week bithday, 2-3 times in my whole life.

we watched very little TV-waltons etc.

These two australian men surely are gonna at the least be in prison for life, that is not dignified to do to anyone, but a must for the rest of the worlds safety-truly. but  they should begiven the choice between life in prison or a dignified suicide-their choice, they exploited the exploited and the king of that country should be put right in there with them and same choice,as in Indonesia you can by little boys and girls for guess what at some of the cheapest prices in the world, the ones that are not snuffed to hide the crime, grow up half out of their minds,  you think they get help, many need anal reconstruction and have to wear diepers,. 90 percent of drug abuse is a person trying to feel normal again, because the brain always seeks sobriety trying to find their mental warm spot, sweet spot, love spot, peace spot, SAFETY SPOT and most times by adulthood it is only the socity stopping them and a lack of --A very safe place of calm to retreat to, "to heal in"  in them selves that make them turn to drugs, cause we have come to laugh our butts off at self understanding, psycology, physiology, cause thats for wimps, dorks and guys who can't get girls

Most people don't even know, good brain health demands a safe serene place almost daily to even let normal neural chemical cascade even happen, as we speed our selves to get free time, only to sometimes find free time and then look for something to "kill the time" and heaven forbid we kill time with art and beauty.

theres a heavy price for playing the fearless bullet proof super hero

but those things, those tender rituals let me take heroin for three days straight and laugh as the last of it spun down the toilet drain.

if this moderen culture wants to get on the trail of drug abuse, it should smell and sniff itself by starting in the cold heartless room it pretends to thrive in.

I will surly write for these mens pardon, But I pray we are all pardoned for worshiping the trash barbarian culture that made them and gave them a market.

jimbotoo

Edited by jimbotoo, 26 February 2015 - 04:18 AM.

#11 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 11,671 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:42 AM

"

Sydney (AFP) - Foreign Minister Julie Bishop said Wednesday she was "very disappointed" at the failure of the latest bid to spare two Australians on death row in Indonesia, as Jakarta signalled that execution preparations were almost complete.

An Indonesian court on Tuesday dismissed a bid by Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan to avoid execution by challenging President Joko Widodo's rejection of their pleas for clemency.

The pair, ringleaders of the so-called "Bali Nine" drug smuggling gang, were arrested for trying to traffic heroin out of Indonesia in 2005 and sentenced to death the following year.

Their appeals for presidential clemency, typically the final chance of avoiding the firing squad, were recently rejected by Widodo.

"We are very disappointed that the appeal was lost at this point," Bishop told the Nine Network.

"But I understand that the lawyers are considering a further legal avenue and they have about 14 days in which to do so."

Lawyers for Sukumaran and Chan urged Attorney-General Muhammad Prasetyo to respect the rule of law and not execute the men pending an appeal.

"We live in a state based on law and this is part of the legal process," lawyer Todung Mulya Lubis told reporters.

However, Prasetyo said later that preparations for a new round of executions, which would include the Australians, were "about 90 percent" complete and repeated the government's tough line.

"Despite the pressure, we will go ahead... this is about being consistent in enforcing the law and secondly about the sovereignty of the state," he said, without giving an exact date when the executions would take place.

Widodo insisted on Tuesday that foreign nations must not interfere in Indonesia's right to use the death penalty.

Prasetyo said that 10 drug convicts would be included in the next round and the final step before the executions would be the transfer of convicts from several cities to Nusakambangan, an island off Java where they will be put to death.

The Australians are among a group of foreigners, including a Frenchman and a Brazilian, who are facing imminent execution after their appeals for clemency were rejected.

The first round of executions since Widodo came to power took place in January, with six people including five foreigners put to death.

Bishop said Canberra would continue to lobby Widodo to show forgiveness.

"We can only hope that they will see the value of these men's lives, both men have been rehabilitated in the most remarkable way," she said, adding that meeting Sukumaran's mother recently was heartbreaking.

"She hugged me so tightly that I could hardly breathe and just begged me to do all I could to save the life of her son, whose own life had been rehabilitated in such an extraordinary way."

The looming executions have dramatically heightened tensions between Australia and Indonesia, fraying ties that were only just recovering from a spying row.

Brazil and France have also been ramping up pressure on Jakarta, with Paris summoning Indonesia's envoy and the Brazilian president refusing to accept the credentials of the new Indonesian ambassador.

Jakarta responded angrily to the snub, with Vice President Jusuf Kalla reportedly saying that he was re-evaluating the purchase of fighter jets and rocket launchers from Brazil."

Source

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/26428293/australia-very-disappointed-at-indonesia-death-row-ruling/

I feel that there is no chance that they wont be executed, This is political now big time, Indonesia has been backed into a corner now and has no choice but to go ahead with all the executions there are still 54 people on death row, And if they don't execute the Australians. It will look like Australia put enough pressure on Indonesia and it worked, So now every other Govt with a citizen on death row in Indonesia will try the same things and more, And what about the people they executed last month?

I did write more about the morality of taking any man or woman regardless of what crimes they committed and restraining them and then killing them in cold blood by any number of methods,  I also understand that law enforcement sometimes has no option but to use deadly force to protect the innocent victims from death, but that is different. Execution is cold blooded murder and executioners are just legal serial killers.

You should see the bits I left out.

#12 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

Hence the Pink Floyd song "Comfortably Numb"

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#13 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 11,671 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

Latest news.

The Indonesian Authorities have just announced that Andrew , Myuran  will be transferred to the execution island in the next 24 to 48 hours.
 https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/26493762/bali-nine-pair-to-be-moved-on-wednesday/

I urge not only Australians but every nation that has citizens in Indonesia on death row, To boycott anything Indonesian, Do not go there on vacation, Do not buy anything made in that country Do not give then ANY aid.

All Australians. Please write, Email or Phone your local member of parliament and DEMAND that Australia stops ALL financial aid to Indonesia NOW and To expel all Indonesian diplomats and businesses from our country at the exact hour of the executions.  We don't need murderers here. 

Execution is Murder and there is no place for it in today’s society.

Edited by NickAu, 03 March 2015 - 05:37 AM.

#14 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

Why does it only matter if an Australian is being executed?

Are you also boycotting everything American? Their last execution was less than a months ago. They've executed 5 people alone this year.

regards

myrti

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#15 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 11,671 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

Are you also boycotting everything American? Their last execution was less than a months ago.

Please don't get me started on the American gun laws and death penalty.  Or the Chinese death penalty where they sell the organs of the executed to the highest bidder.

Organs sourced from prisoners sentenced to death

That is a whole new topic and discussion that I intend to start soon.

Why does it only matter if an Australian is being executed?

Because they are my countrymen, They were young and foolish,  and have reformed, Even the Governor of the prison agrees that they should not be executed.

Execution is not about punishment it is about revenge, The only people truly being punished here are the families of the condemned.

Execution is state sponsored murder, anybody who agrees with execution is an accessory to murder, It is barbaric and has no place in our so called civilised society.

If we can't show some mercy we are no better than animals.

EDIT and UPDATE.

Watch Live.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/26511802/australians-to-leave-bali-for-execution/

As I write this they are being transferred under such tight security  its not funny, Hundreds of police and special forces soldiers.

These security measures are a slap in the face to Australia, What do they think we are going to send the SAS in to bust them out?

Edited by NickAu, 03 March 2015 - 03:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users