Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Themes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vicmax

vicmax

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:03 PM

Hello,not sure where to put this so ive posted here!

I dont have a problem just a question regarding my XP's Themes and appearence.

What i want to know is, is there a way to make my theme look like vista without altering any important system properties or doing anything to mess things up or slow things down?

I dont want to download a programme that is going to cause issues. What i would like is to be able to change to a vista look and back again like you can with the themes already in XP.
I dont want to download anything risky for fear of malware, but it would be cool if i could make it look like vista because im not sure if i will be able to run it due to my pc not quite meeting minium requirements and even if they do, i wont be buying it on release.

So is anyone out there,security cautious like me, who has done such a thing, or anybody who knows of how to make it look like vista that they know is a safe way?

One more thing,sorry.
If i can or cannot do the above, is there,again, a safe way of making my task bar (themes) the color black or charcoled, i think it would look pretty cool instead of XP's 3 preloaded themes?

Really would love to hear as many suggestions and advice on this from you all before i do anything
PLEASEEEEEE!

Thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:05 PM

Yes there is and a word of advise. Please do not install it on your computer. It is nice until you go to un-install it. Believe me you do not want to go thru that. I have seen several work logs on this and it is a pain.

#3 vicmax

vicmax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:12 PM

But would it be ok if you wish to keep it on there?

Any of those themes (black), is there anything like that that can be ok?

Thanks for your reply ThorXP :thumbsup:

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:16 PM

No one can say, "It will be OK" with any computer. These computers hear you saying that and are you in it deep. If you have a second computer that you use for other than say work I would say try it. But this is your decision.

#5 vicmax

vicmax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

Ok,thanks for your info and replying ThorXP, i will play safe as you suggested.
Just wish Microsoft would have added at least a black tool bar :thumbsup:

But its nice that you helped, i appreciate it! :flowers:

#6 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:55 PM

If it involves messing with your registry, I would say this:

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!

The registry is the crucial part to your operating system. Never mess with it.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users