Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer monitor

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 matthijsstok

matthijsstok

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hello all,

I have been busy building an computer in the previous months. After some trouble and buying wrong parts I finally managed to get my computer running smoothly.

The only remaining thing that has to be bought is, not unimportant, the monitor. I did a lot of research on the internet but could not get to any decision. I hope that you could give my any advice.

I am looking for a 23/24 inch monitor which could be mounted to an arm/stand. The amount that I am willing to spend ( only for the monitor, not the mount) is around 150-180 €.

My apoplogies for my bad English, I hope that you could help me.

Regards,

Matthijs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

The mount is called VESA mount.  Other than that I can only recommend that you read the reviews on monitors that you are interested in purchasing.  Asus, HP, and Dell all carry decent monitors.

#3 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

I am a long time buyer of Viewsonic monitors, they tend to be less expensive than their competitors, they work reliably and they last. This one looks like it fits what you are looking for-viewsonic VX2452mh, although I am guessing you have to buy the VESA mount seperately. I don't have this particular model, but I have a 22" flatscreen Viewsonic that works well. 

As Kilroy stated, shop around and read reviews before buying.

#4 matthijsstok

matthijsstok
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

Thank you for the quick response! I did some investigation on the internet and discovered the different types of monitors, TN, VA, and IPS. I think colors are very important for computer, shouldnt gaming computer monitors be irrelevant then? I looked the suggested brand (Viewsonic) up on the internet, but the suggested monitor is rarely available in my country, the Netherlands.

I used to like samsung bc of its colors, which brand besides Viewsonic would you  recommend most because of its colors?

Regards,

Matthijs

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

Right now IPS is the current ' new standard ' for displays so I suspect them to be pricey.  Maybe you could do the research in finding what is available in your area and give us YOUR suggestions and we can look at them and give OUR suggestions on one or the other.  Happy Hunting. !

PS I second viewsonic monitors even though you said they are hard to come by.  They are very good.  Even though I have an old LCD Samsung tv/monitor I use.  The IPS displays are simply g0rgeous.

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

I am running a Samsung and a Sony the Samsung beats the heck out of the Sony both are reasonably priced.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#7 matthijsstok

matthijsstok
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

Oookay! Thanks all for the help. I did my research on the internet and fount some interesting models which are around 180 euro:

Samsung S24C650PL (5ms response time)

ASUS VN247H (1ms response time)

Asus ASUS VN248HA (5ms response time and IPS)

Please let me know what you think! Should I go for Samsung, the fast response time or the IPS screen?

Regards,

Matthijs

#8 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

hmmm well the IPS is going to look awsome... Do you play a lot of first person shooter high fps games?

#9 matthijsstok

matthijsstok
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

I like fps games but it is not my main objective, do you mean this because of the response time?

#10 matthijsstok

matthijsstok
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

:UPDATE:

What is your opnion about: 

Iiyama ProLite XB2483HSU-B1

Seems a good one.

#11 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

I think I would still go for the IPS monitor you suggested.  It will be just fine IMO.

#12 GeePee29

GeePee29

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

Samsung. I have had the same one on my desk for over five years and it is still working perfectly and the colours are great.

#13 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

I love my Samsung S24D360, it is vibrant and very clear and trouble free.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users