Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Arcade Yum infection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SuzanC

SuzanC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

One of our computers is infected with Arcade Yum, someone in our family downloaded the game and it istalled the adware or whatever it is. I get pop up ads on every page I go to. So I ran Malwarebytes, and it said it found nothing. So then I came here and tried to run Combofix, Rootkill and ADWcleaner, but I couldn't download Combofix or anything on Firefox because Arcade Yum kept rerouting the links to their ads. So I opened IE and ran combofix, rootkill and adwcleaner all on IE, it said it fixed everything. I downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes Exploit to keep running to hopefully prevent this from happening again. Rebooted, opened firefox and arcade yum is still there. I don't known how to get rid of it if running all of those didn't get rid of it. I guess because I ran them on IE and not Firefox but I can't get to the download to work on firefox because Arcade Yum keeps redirecting the downloads to their games. I assumed if I ran it on any browser we had that it would remove it from all of them, but it didn't. So now what do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,616 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hello, and Welcome

You can't download Adwcleaner from here using IE? If not then download it from your other computer, copy to a flash drive and transfer it to the desktop of the infected computer to run.

Edited by JohnC_21, 15 February 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#3 SuzanC

SuzanC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

I could in IE but when I opened Firefox it was still there after running all three. I'm still working on it, I finally am able to download and run them on firefox now so I'm hoping it'll take care of it.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,616 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

I do not believe you should be running Combofix. That can lead to more trouble. It should only be used under the direction of a Malware Removal Expert in the Virus Removal Forum. I do not believe you should have any browsers open when running Adwcleaner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users