Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

geeksantimalware?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GISDan1960

GISDan1960

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

Howdy all,

I am looking for information on a company call GEEKSANTIMALWARE.COM. Has anyone heard of them and have any details. I've googled there name and the information I have found is not encouraging. They did some 'work' on my elderly parents computers for which they paid a ridiculous amount of money for. 

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

No never heard of them, what is it you're asking? If they paid money you can file fraud claims.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

Well they exist and seem to be based in the USA / Canada, but, by here, they know how to charge. You could buy a new computer for 90 days of their 'Ultimate' support -

http://geeksantimalware.com/?page_id=404

Scroll to the bottom of the page. You might be a little bit slower getting problems resolved at BC, but you will be a lot better off financially !

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 15 February 2015 - 06:44 PM.
Addition

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

I also see one here, same as Chris posted.

http://geeksantimalware.com/

looks like New Jersey and India

Contact page

http://geeksantimalware.com/?page_id=459

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 GISDan1960

GISDan1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the replies.
I came up with the same search results. Was trying to confirm if they were legitimate or if anyone else had done 'business' with them. As far as I can tell they have only been around for 4 or 5 months, the address is hoaky because it only gives a Suite number, no street address, and when I google the address on their website results come up showing another company using the same address, PC CareGlobal. Anyway, credit card company has reversed the charges and is investigating. Bottom line: as far as I can tell it is a scam and we'll be filing complaint.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the update and letting us know what steps you took.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users