Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

My son snuck on my laptop and when I get on it to type some letters are actually putting in numbers instead. Please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,948 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Have you any idea what your son might have done when he 'snuck on' to your laptop - could he have split anything on it ?  I take it from the expression 'snuck on' that he probably isn't very old. Are there any signs of physical damage - such as being pounded with a hard toy ?

It would also help if you told us the make and model of the laptop.

Keyboards are reasonably robust, I have seen one which was being used by a retired joiner who typed like he was still driving six inch nails, but they are very vulnerable to spills. Post back.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

Thank you for your reply. My laptop went to sleep and after it woke up the problem was gone. However the number lock key was also on but turned off when it woke up :-) that was the problem. Thank you

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,948 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

Glad it was as simple as that, and that no permanent damage was done !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users