Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing graphics from an HP w/integrated AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jagoriup

jagoriup

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:52 AM

I'm a bit uncertain with the vocabulary here. My mom has an HP Pavilian w/ an integrated AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics. Does term 'integrated' mean that it is physically part of the motherboard? I'd like to remove her graphics and replace it with a newer graphics card and reuse her graphics card, if there is one, in my even older computer.

Will her card, if there is a removable one, work in my Dell E520? My Dell has a PCI Express (x16) port. I am also running Windows 8.1. She has Windows 7.

Thanks for any help.

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

If the video card in your mom's computer is integrated that means it is physically attached to the mainboard and does not come off.  If it is discreet (not physically attached, then you May be able to take it out and put it in yours.  There may be power issues here as your older pc may not be able to power the graphics card.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

The AMD Radeon HD 6530D is a integrated GPU.  This is soldered to the motherboard.  You will not be able to use it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users