Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

game freeze when using mic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dotsnake

dotsnake

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:13 AM

Hello, I need your help, when I play some games, such as Garry's mod, my game freezes for a few seconds when I press the mic button. 

This only happens when I am using my internal mic, if I use external mic, like headset, then it's fine. Unfortunately, just recently, my headset mic suddenly out of nowhere, becomes very faint. meaning that people can barely hear me when I talk. I don't know why. So I had to rely on my internal mic. Any help?

note: I can run garry's mod at max setting with no problem. 

This has been happening since the beginning, but my quick fix was external mic, but right now, I can't afford one at the moment. 

If you can't figure it out, maybe you can help me with my headset mic?

it is from Teknmotion, my recording driver is IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.

I can slap my mic around and it can barely hear it. 

I started messing with auto start programs, maybe I accidentally disabled something?

Thanks for reading. 

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2015 - 11:04 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dotsnake

dotsnake
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

Hey dotsnake, This has happened to me recently, this may or may not work for you, but what I did was delete other source games.

Keep Counter Strike Source if you plan on playing TTT, but I deleted "Double Barrel", which is a source mod. "Lef4Dead2" fun game, but I was bored of it.

Once you've done that, you should not freeze when you use your mic.

To delete a game, just right click them on steam library, and click "delete local content". Have fun

As for your headset, I also have the same problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users