Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Trouble

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gary212121

gary212121

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:34 AM

Hello,

I need help fixing an issue.  I play poker on my computer.  I normally use two monitors.  I'm having an issue with a software program and I believe I've isolated the problem to the 2nd monitor.  I've completely disconnected the 2nd monitor from the computer.  I've set the Display settings to only recognize the main monitor as seen below.  The problem is, when I move sometime from my main monitor I'm still able to move it past the sides of my monitor.  

Does anyone know how to change this setting?  I want my computer to only recognize one monitor.  So if I try to move a application around my computer screen it wont "fall off the edge of screen"

Thanks in advance for any help!  Here are a few screen shots to illustrate the issue.  

25ahekg.jpg
1676mfn.jpg
2czuedy.png
2n7hhj.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:42 AM

Hi gary :)

There's no actual "fix" to that, this is the normal behavior of windows under Windows. You can move them off the screen as much as you want. You can't fix something that isn't broken so there's no solution to your problem. If you were to move a window out of the screen by mistake, you can do the following. Move your mouse over the program icon in the taskbar, then move the mouse over the window preview and right-click on it. From there, select Maximize and it'll maximize the window in your main screen. See the screenshot below (the options are in French I know, but this shows you where I want you to click):

mPczUYw.png

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 gary212121

gary212121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:08 AM

Aura,  Thank you so much for your reply!

Here is a screen shot of the actual issue I'm having.  

e0mvt0.png

The top of the screen is a poker table.  Below the poker table is a program called Holdem Indicator.  Normally holdem Indicator will attach to the bottom of the poker table.   For some reason the software is now leaving a gap which is causing a problem.  Ive emailed back and forth between with the holdem indicator tech team but they cannot seem to figure out the issue.  The believe its a problem with my 2nd monitor.  Any ideas?

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2015 - 04:26 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

What happens if you press on the little "clip" icon on the Holden Indicator program?

yiHgmCN.png

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 gary212121

gary212121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

Keeps the program in from of other programs.  So if you pull a page in front of holdem indicator, holdem indicator will stay on "top"

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2015 - 04:25 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:55 PM

If you use only one monitor, does the window attach itself correclty or not at all? And by that I mean completely disconnecting the second monitor.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users