Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Session Time-out

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hoopoe

Hoopoe

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:39 PM

Hi folks
I searched for an answer to this on the net but haven't found anything so forgive me if the answer is obvious. I am running Windows XP at home. It has me set up as administrator and my wife and son as users. Whenever they log-in to their account through the little icon on the front blue screen they stay logged in until they log out, even if they wander off for half an hour. However when I log-in, if I turn my for five minutes it times my session out and returns to the log-in screen. Only a minor quibble I know but just irritating. Any ideas?
TIA
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:51 PM

How much Ram do you have in your computer?

It might be that you have too little Ram and if the other accounts are left turned on it might log you off. Try exiting their accounts and then go into yours after both of theirs is closed out.

#3 Hoopoe

Hoopoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:53 PM

Hi
it didn't ought to be that I have 504mb of RAM. I'm the only one logged in when it happens too.

Edited by Hoopoe, 26 June 2006 - 04:54 PM.

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:59 PM

Try making yourself another admin account and see if the same thing happens wit this one.

#5 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

Open you account & see what the Power Options in Control Panel are set at.
You might want to set them to NEVER.

#6 Hoopoe

Hoopoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:21 AM

Power Options are set to never.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users