Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the Best stuff for a 4790k, and lots of questions.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bluefusion012

Bluefusion012

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

I'm Currently Trying to Construct a Gaming computer Centered around my 4790k.

I'm going to be using the Azza GT1 atx Full tower. The thing supports up to a 480mm Radiator for liquid cooling so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be awsome.

For the Liquid cooler I'm leaning towards the http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h110i-gt-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

Was considering the Thermaltake water 3.0 ultimate edition. but it's old-ish, Isn't flashy, and while it sports a 380mm Radiator I Feel like the lack of significan't support should the unthinkable happen is the huge draw back.

1. because I'm new to the AIO liquid cooling business and not comfortable with going with my own constructed rig... and its corsair... so they will go above and beyond the warranty if anything tragic happens. And it has The best rating and cooling temps I can find. PS: I don't care if my computer sounds like a haring jet, I just want it to game good ( thats what noise canceling headphones are for)

I was going to go with the asus z97-A but people say it isn't the best for overclocking... So I wanna know what is the vote on that, and if you can... What is the major difference between overclock-able boards, and in the real world where would I see this benefit. If it amounts to a 4c difference in temps and further stability I'm all for it!

I'm currently going to buy a gtx 970, at max I'll SLI 2 of these if this makes any difference in the motherboard choice ( it should make a difference) I'm currently going for the ASUS version of the gtx 970 because it comes with HDMI 2.0, Anyone know if there's a better version I can squeeze more performance out of? IE I read somewhere that the MSI and gigabyte versions have 1.4 hmdi and on future monitors with 4k resolution my frame rate will be limited to 25 fps because of the lack of bandwidth. 2.0 solves this.

I want a decent hybrid HDD, any recommendations?

I'm going with a 750 watt Gold certified EVGA full modular power supply.

ram wise I'm in a wierd area as well... I'm going to game so I'm going to go with a set of 4gbx 2 G-SKill Ripjaw Z series since it has a CAS of 10 at 2400 mghz which is better then most at this point.

I have a billion fans I can modify my system with if need be. I even have these really cool Server grade Jets that apparently take some kind of VGA thingie. No idea how to hook those up...

The Best CPU sauce I could find was Tuniq x4 , so I suppose I'll go with that.

Ambient temperature in my house year around is 20-22C. I would like to achieve a Stable over clock of 4.8 on my 4790k, Any recommendations ( I know silicon lottery has alot to do with it, but I'm crossing my fingers and Hoping to find as many advantages as I can to increase my odds of being able to pull it off)

Anyone have any websites for modding ur case with lights and gizmo's? Suggestion on a Fan controller? CLC's and LED's?

If you could give a little Wiggle room on your suggestions, and a good explanation preferably with supporting evidence that would be excellent.

Ps: if your wondering why im going for the 4790k, Its the best single core performance around. which if very important in many situations: IE emulators, Multiplayer games, and it's fairly future proof for quite a few years. I'm upgrading from a ddr2 g31 chip set with a e8400 in it and a gtx 650... and coming from so far down in the tiers, I just wanna rock the best-ish stuff for a mad minute.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

Well I just had to post something because I know how it is when you don't get much feedback.  I really am not sure how many people here actually overclock their computers.  I know I don't mostly for longevity.  I have read a lot where the 4970 does not overclock as well as the 4770.  Not to turn you away from bleeping computer forums- You may get better responses to your overclock questions at overclock.net or guru3d.com

#3 Bluefusion012

Bluefusion012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

ah. Well the main problem with the 4790k is the Temp. Not the stability. if you have a adaquate cooler and win the silicon lottery u can get it going pretty well. However if u fail, You have the "option" to delid the chip and reapply a much better Cpu sauce to the interior of it, then Try it again. some people have lost as much as 30celsius just by removing intels Crappy Cpu Sauce.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users